PDA

View Full Version : Iconic face of Rosie the Riveter poster dies - RIP

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF[_5_]
December 31st 10, 12:40 AM
I read today that Geraldine Doyle passed away today.
Why did that raise my interest you ask?
Because she was the girl who's face featured on the "We Can Do It" posters.
She may not have been the original 'Rosie The Riveter' but her face was widely
known due to that poster.
See the ABC News story of her passing here: <
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/31/3104130.htm?section=justin >

RIP Geraldine and thanks so much for your contribution to keeping us all free.

--

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
Innisfail, QLD, Australia

Roadsign
December 31st 10, 01:27 PM
On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 10:40:51 +1000, "Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF"
> wrote:

>I read today that Geraldine Doyle passed away today.
>Why did that raise my interest you ask?
>Because she was the girl who's face featured on the "We Can Do It" posters.
>She may not have been the original 'Rosie The Riveter' but her face was widely
>known due to that poster.
>See the ABC News story of her passing here: <
>http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/31/3104130.htm?section=justin >
>
>RIP Geraldine and thanks so much for your contribution to keeping us all free.

Amen Jeff.

Tony - WB8RIB - Cincinnati, Oio - USA

Google