PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Air Museum - 0075

Dave Kearton[_3_]
January 6th 11, 10:00 AM
--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Andrew Chaplin
January 6th 11, 10:08 AM
"Dave Kearton" > wrote in news:4d259371$0
:

The only Canadian in the collection, I think.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Dave Kearton[_3_]
January 6th 11, 10:13 AM
"Andrew Chaplin" > wrote in message
> "Dave Kearton" > wrote in news:4d259371$0
> :
>

> The only Canadian in the collection, I think.
> --
> Andrew Chaplin
> SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
> (If you're going to e-mail me, you'll have to get "yourfinger." out.)

And a damn fine one too. That one has a history - like all of us.

"Delivered to RAAF 25/06/64. Served with 35 Sqn in Vietnam Aug 64 - Feb 72.
05/65, when landing at Hay Tien mud on windscreen blinded pilots and
aircraft was badly damaged. Wing, Undercarrage and Prop replaced and
aircraft flew out. Retired - no details. Was stored at RAAF Amberley in QLD.
The fuselage has been delivered to the QLD Aviation Museum at Coloundra
02/02, the rest of the aircraft delivered 04/02. The wings and tail off
A4-164 at RAAF Richmond were delivered 10/02 and are now fitted."

from

http://www.adf-serials.com/

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/Caribou-A4-173/

There's also a Chippie at the museum, probably in one of the backgrounds.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Google