PDA

View Full Version : USAF Gulfstream

Canuck[_10_]
February 16th 11, 04:23 PM

Canuck[_10_]
February 18th 11, 06:18 PM
wrote in message ...

This looks more like a C-20G (Grey Ghost) of the U S Marines.

It is possible. I thought I saw US Air Force markings on it somewhere.....

On the other hand.....maybe you can enlighten me..... I see it has the
American flag on it's tail but it appears to be backwards! Any ideas? This
is the first time I've ever seen this on an aircraft and I don't know the
significance of flipping the flag the other way.

N.

John Szalay[_2_]
February 18th 11, 07:27 PM
wrote in
:

> This looks more like a C-20G (Grey Ghost) of the U S Marines.

Yep, APPEARS to be USMC C-20G 5153 BuNo 165153

John Szalay[_2_]
February 18th 11, 07:31 PM
"Canuck" > wrote in
:

> wrote in message ...
>
> This looks more like a C-20G (Grey Ghost) of the U S Marines.
>
> It is possible. I thought I saw US Air Force markings on it
> somewhere.....
>
> On the other hand.....maybe you can enlighten me..... I see it has the
> American flag on it's tail but it appears to be backwards! Any ideas?
> This is the first time I've ever seen this on an aircraft and I don't
> know the significance of flipping the flag the other way.
>
> N.

Need to look it up, but IIRC:
US national Flag protocol dictates that flags painted on vehicles such as
planes should appear as if they are flying the way the wind would be
blowing as if the vehicle is moving forward.

Canuck[_10_]
February 18th 11, 07:48 PM
"John Szalay" wrote in message
42...

"Canuck" > wrote in
:

> wrote in message ...
>
> This looks more like a C-20G (Grey Ghost) of the U S Marines.
>
> It is possible. I thought I saw US Air Force markings on it
> somewhere.....
>
> On the other hand.....maybe you can enlighten me..... I see it has the
> American flag on it's tail but it appears to be backwards! Any ideas?
> This is the first time I've ever seen this on an aircraft and I don't
> know the significance of flipping the flag the other way.
>
> N.

Need to look it up, but IIRC:
US national Flag protocol dictates that flags painted on vehicles such as
planes should appear as if they are flying the way the wind would be
blowing as if the vehicle is moving forward.

AH! Very interesting! This was rather conspicuous on the aircraft as I
looked at my shots and I was left wondering if I was seeing things or if
there was some explanation for it that I didn't know. Thanks for
enlightening me. Next time I see another US aircraft, I'll be sure to check
it out.

Nick

Canuck[_10_]
February 18th 11, 07:49 PM
"John Szalay" wrote in message
2...

wrote in
:

> This looks more like a C-20G (Grey Ghost) of the U S Marines.

Yep, APPEARS to be USMC C-20G 5153 BuNo 165153

Again, thanks for enlightening me.

Nick

Google