Glenn[_2_]
February 26th 11, 05:26 AM
OK, I'm pretty sure this is a C-2 Greyhound.
But when you strip wings and tails I sometimes have no idea :-)
So, Am I right

Glenn

Savageduck[_3_]
February 26th 11, 06:30 AM
On 2011-02-25 21:26:30 -0800, Glenn said:

> OK, I'm pretty sure this is a C-2 Greyhound.
> But when you strip wings and tails I sometimes have no idea :-)
> So, Am I right
>
> Glenn
>

> <image>

It appears it is a C2. The 4 element V-stabilizer tail seems diagnostic.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

John Szalay[_2_]
February 26th 11, 01:07 PM
"Glenn" > wrote in news:4d688ed9$0$29991$c3e8da3
:

> OK, I'm pretty sure this is a C-2 Greyhound.
> But when you strip wings and tails I sometimes have no idea :-)
> So, Am I right
>
> Glenn
>
> Attachment decoded: IMG_9437.jpg
> ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CBD5D1.ECCDE9F0--

The AMARC asset number AN1C0001 IDs it as Grumman C-2A Greyhound

BuNo 152790 which arrived in the boneyard 10-NOV-86 from VRC-50
(Fleet Tactical Support Squadron FIFTY) (Foo Dogs)

Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]
February 26th 11, 03:14 PM
Glenn wrote:

> OK, I'm pretty sure this is a C-2 Greyhound.
> But when you strip wings and tails I sometimes have no idea :-)
> So, Am I right

You are right. You were probably considering the E-2 Hawkeye as a
possibility. The horizontal stabilizer on the E-2 was set lower and had
significant dihedral.

cebo
February 26th 11, 03:16 PM
In article >,
John Szalay <john.szalayATatt.net> wrote:

> "Glenn" > wrote in news:4d688ed9$0$29991$c3e8da3
> :
>
> > OK, I'm pretty sure this is a C-2 Greyhound.
> > But when you strip wings and tails I sometimes have no idea :-)
> > So, Am I right
> >
> > Glenn
> >
> > Attachment decoded: IMG_9437.jpg
> > ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CBD5D1.ECCDE9F0--
>

> The AMARC asset number AN1C0001 IDs it as Grumman C-2A Greyhound
>
> BuNo 152790 which arrived in the boneyard 10-NOV-86 from VRC-50
> (Fleet Tactical Support Squadron FIFTY) (Foo Dogs)

John: How did you go about identifying this aircraft. I have collect
many thousands of aircraft wallpapers from the newsgroups and internet
and many have file names that do not ID the aircraft. If the plane has
a registration number, it's easy to get this. But I am not familiar
with now you were able to ID using "AMARC" to get such details on these
aircraft.

John Szalay[_2_]
February 26th 11, 03:57 PM
cebo > wrote in

> John: How did you go about identifying this aircraft. I have collect
> many thousands of aircraft wallpapers from the newsgroups and internet
> and many have file names that do not ID the aircraft. If the plane
> has a registration number, it's easy to get this. But I am not
> familiar with now you were able to ID using "AMARC" to get such
> details on these aircraft.

I recognized the number stenceled on the side as a AMARC asset ID.

Years ago, they used to make the inventory list available as a Freedom of
Information document. I have one of the last lists on my computer before
the Supreme Idiots of homeland insecurity, over-reacted to 9-11 and stopped
its publication.
But you can find some of the numbers at this website..
you just need to know how to read the lists and the numbers..

http://www.amarcexperience.com/Default.asp

cebo
February 26th 11, 06:15 PM
In article >,
John Szalay <john.szalay.at.att.net> wrote:

> cebo > wrote in
>
> > John: How did you go about identifying this aircraft. I have collect
> > many thousands of aircraft wallpapers from the newsgroups and internet
> > and many have file names that do not ID the aircraft. If the plane
> > has a registration number, it's easy to get this. But I am not
> > familiar with now you were able to ID using "AMARC" to get such
> > details on these aircraft.
>

> I recognized the number stenceled on the side as a AMARC asset ID.
>
> Years ago, they used to make the inventory list available as a Freedom of
> Information document. I have one of the last lists on my computer before
> the Supreme Idiots of homeland insecurity, over-reacted to 9-11 and stopped
> its publication.
> But you can find some of the numbers at this website..
> you just need to know how to read the lists and the numbers..
>
> http://www.amarcexperience.com/Default.asp

Thanks John, I did a search using AMARC and found it as well.

Glenn[_2_]
February 26th 11, 08:44 PM

>> Attachment decoded: IMG_9437.jpg
>> ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CBD5D1.ECCDE9F0--
>

> The AMARC asset number AN1C0001 IDs it as Grumman C-2A Greyhound
>
> BuNo 152790 which arrived in the boneyard 10-NOV-86 from VRC-50
> (Fleet Tactical Support Squadron FIFTY) (Foo Dogs)

So, where do you find this information, I could use that website :-)

John Szalay[_2_]
February 27th 11, 12:14 AM
"Glenn" > wrote in news:4d69661a$0$29974$c3e8da3
:

>>> Attachment decoded: IMG_9437.jpg
>>> ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CBD5D1.ECCDE9F0--
>>

>> The AMARC asset number AN1C0001 IDs it as Grumman C-2A Greyhound
>>
>> BuNo 152790 which arrived in the boneyard 10-NOV-86 from VRC-50
>> (Fleet Tactical Support Squadron FIFTY) (Foo Dogs)
>>
> So, where do you find this information, I could use that website :-)

one source I use,

http://www.amarcexperience.com/Default.asp

I also have one of the last FOIA lists they made available before
the 9-11 over-reaction clamp-down.
(now, its lack of common sense govt & secrecy.)

John Szalay[_2_]
February 27th 11, 12:16 AM
"Glenn" > wrote in news:4d69661a$0$29974$c3e8da3
:

>>> Attachment decoded: IMG_9437.jpg
>>> ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01CBD5D1.ECCDE9F0--
>>

>> The AMARC asset number AN1C0001 IDs it as Grumman C-2A Greyhound
>>
>> BuNo 152790 which arrived in the boneyard 10-NOV-86 from VRC-50
>> (Fleet Tactical Support Squadron FIFTY) (Foo Dogs)
>>
> So, where do you find this information, I could use that website :-)

BTW: Gleen you take GREAT photos, thanks,
and its an honor to assist with the ID's

JR[_2_]
February 27th 11, 05:12 PM
On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:26:30 +1100, "Glenn" >
wrote:

>OK, I'm pretty sure this is a C-2 Greyhound.
>But when you strip wings and tails I sometimes have no idea :-)
>So, Am I right
>
>Glenn

My trick to ID the C-2: it's a fat Hawkeye! ;)

Google