PDA

View Full Version : LAX Today - 1/16/11 pt 1 [14/14] - IMG_0258_2-26-2011_02.jpg (1/1) 102376

the Legend of LAX[_2_]
March 16th 11, 06:31 PM

Canuck[_10_]
March 17th 11, 03:54 AM
"the Legend of LAX" > wrote in message ...

Great shots!

Does LAX have really great sight lines and spotting areas or do you work at the airport (or both?)?

Congrats on the new camera too!

Nick

the Legend of LAX[_2_]
March 17th 11, 09:22 PM
On 3/16/2011 8:54 PM, Canuck wrote:
> "the Legend of LAX" > wrote in message
> Great shots!
> Does LAX have really great sight lines and spotting areas or do you work
> at the airport (or both?)?
> Congrats on the new camera too!
> Nick

Thanks Nick. There are halfway decent shooting spots, but nothing like
what I have access to. I work for the FAA, & all of our equipment is on
the airfield, much of it between the runways. I have unrestricted access
to all of it (brag, brag). It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!
(And they even pay me, too.)

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca

Canuck[_10_]
March 18th 11, 01:22 PM
"the Legend of LAX" wrote in message

On 3/16/2011 8:54 PM, Canuck wrote:
> "the Legend of LAX" > wrote in message
> Great shots!
> Does LAX have really great sight lines and spotting areas or do you work
> at the airport (or both?)?
> Congrats on the new camera too!
> Nick

Thanks Nick. There are halfway decent shooting spots, but nothing like
what I have access to. I work for the FAA, & all of our equipment is on
the airfield, much of it between the runways. I have unrestricted access
to all of it (brag, brag). It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!
(And they even pay me, too.)

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca
I welcome change. But I prefer bills.
http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=7702

AHA! I knew there had to be an explanation along those lines.

Thanks for all the great shots.

What would be the likelihood of getting access for someone to tag along with
you and take photos? Is the current security situation so "tight" that it
would be impossible or would it be possible but there would have to be an
application process of some sort that could be lengthy?

TTYL,

Nick

Google