PDA

View Full Version : V.22 Osprey over Suffolk

Dingo[_4_]
April 11th 11, 09:32 AM
Nearly wet myself when I glimpsed this yesterday afternoon. Didn't know
there were any over here. Suspect it may have been out of AAC (was RAF)
Wattisham. Info anyone ?

Sorry for the crap snatched shot from a distance of about 5 miles.
~~
Dingo

Dingo[_4_]
April 11th 11, 04:46 PM
Had I read last week's local paper before posting I would
have seen:-

"Two of the USAF's tiltrotor CV-22 Osprey vertical take-off aircraft flew
into RAF Mildenhall at the end of last week and have been wowing the plane
spotters while making training flights with the base's Hercules-based
in-flight refuelling tankers."

"An $89 million Osprey can fly further and faster than conventional
helicopters. Its cruising speed of 277mph is 93mph faster than the Pave Hawk
helicopters based at RAF Lakenheath and its range is four times greater."
~~
Dingo ;~)

"Dingo" > wrote in message

> Nearly wet myself when I glimpsed this yesterday afternoon. Didn't know
> there were any over here. Suspect it may have been out of AAC (was RAF)
> Wattisham. Info anyone ?
>
> Sorry for the crap snatched shot from a distance of about 5 miles.
> ~~
> Dingo

Google