PDA

View Full Version : UK1 K4232 Avro Rota RoyalAFMuseumHendon.jpg

Joseph Testagrose
April 15th 11, 12:18 AM

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
April 15th 11, 02:22 AM
In article >,
Joseph Testagrose > wrote:

> begin 644 UK1 K4232 Avro Rota RoyalAFMuseumHendon.jpg
> [Image]
>
> end

It looks remarkably like a deCierva autogyro! Was it license-built?

Peter Twydell[_2_]
April 15th 11, 07:50 AM
In message
>,
Orval Fairbairn > writes
>In article >,
> Joseph Testagrose > wrote:
>
>> begin 644 UK1 K4232 Avro Rota RoyalAFMuseumHendon.jpg
>> [Image]
>>
>> end
>
>It looks remarkably like a deCierva autogyro! Was it license-built?

Yes, it was. I'd love to see one in the air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cierva_C.30
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
April 15th 11, 05:42 PM
In article >,
Peter Twydell > wrote:

> In message
> >,
> Orval Fairbairn > writes
> >In article >,
> > Joseph Testagrose > wrote:
> >
> >> begin 644 UK1 K4232 Avro Rota RoyalAFMuseumHendon.jpg
> >> [Image]
> >>
> >> end
> >
> >It looks remarkably like a deCierva autogyro! Was it license-built?
>
> Yes, it was. I'd love to see one in the air.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cierva_C.30

I've seen the Pitcairn in flight at Oshkosh. I am unclear whether the
Pitcairn or the deCierva is the original autogyro.

Google