PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bonanza Seat Mod

Ron Natalie
July 9th 03, 04:39 PM
"Ashton" > wrote in message news:waMOa.120519$hd6.4984@fed1read05...
> Are there any shops that have chopped down a bonanza seat frame to give the
> pilot more headroom?

By a Navion :-)

journeyman
July 9th 03, 06:22 PM
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:39:08 -0400, Ron Natalie
> wrote:
>> Are there any shops that have chopped down a bonanza seat frame to
>> give the
>> pilot more headroom?
>
>By a Navion :-)

A Navion seems like a really poor tool to chop down a Bonanza seat.

Morris (besides, if he had a Navion, would he need the Bonanza at all?)

Roger Halstead
July 9th 03, 08:21 PM
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:44:21 -0700, "Ashton" > wrote:

>Are there any shops that have chopped down a bonanza seat frame to give the
>pilot more headroom?

You sure wouldn't be able to do much. There's only about 2 inches of
clearance between the bottom of the cushion in mine and the cover for
the cary through. The seat tracks mount right down on the cover...

Then again, mines an early Debonair so the seats are plain and may be
mounted lower...I've not compared them to the later Deb, or F-33s.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

>-Ashton

Margy Natalie
July 10th 03, 01:57 PM
journeyman wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:39:08 -0400, Ron Natalie
> > wrote:
> >> Are there any shops that have chopped down a bonanza seat frame to
> >> give the
> >> pilot more headroom?
> >
> >By a Navion :-)
>
> A Navion seems like a really poor tool to chop down a Bonanza seat.
>
> Morris (besides, if he had a Navion, would he need the Bonanza at all?)

Of course not. We have some friends that had a Navion, traded "up" to a
Bonanza and then figured out what an error they had made. They dumped the
Bonanza and bought another Navion! For seating we've found the Navion to
be one of the very few airplanes that we can both fly comfortably. I'm
5'2" (when I lie) and Ron is 6'1". I'll admit I do use a booster seat, but
that just made it so I never noticed how old the foam in the pilot's seat
was!

Margy

Google