PDA

View Full Version : Re: Fair insurance spliting

Dylan Smith
July 10th 03, 11:36 AM
On 30 Jun 2003 13:40:32 -0700, Michael > wrote:
>I looked into adding someone as a named pilot on my PA-30. I pay
>$2400/yr. The rate with the new person was over $5000 for the same
>coverage. Of course you're not going to insure a twin for $1000, but
>a friend of mine had a similar situation with a Champ. Adding a named
>pilot more than doubled the insurance.

Bizarrely enough, adding a 0-hour student pilot to our Cessna 140 insurance
only resulted in about 25% increase, IIRC. Of course, that could have
something to do with flight instruction hours being statistically
the safest.

I must admit I was very nervous watching him on his 2nd or 3rd solo
though!

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net