PDA

View Full Version : Funding for Pilot Training course.

UK-Flyer
July 10th 03, 02:01 PM
I was just wondering where you are meant to obtain $50,000 to complete a
training course? My bank will only offer half of that. Is there
anywhere i can apply to obtain sponsership or will i have to work while
i'm training to obtain the funds?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
http://www.v1rotate.com
View this thread: http://www.v1rotate.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=56690

Cecil E. Chapman
July 10th 03, 02:11 PM
Yikes!!!! Are you taking flight instruction to pilot the space shuttle???
Why $50,000?????

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

My personal adventures as a student pilot
and after my PPL: www.bayareapilot.com
"UK-Flyer" > wrote in message
s.com...
> I was just wondering where you are meant to obtain $50,000 to complete a
> training course? My bank will only offer half of that. Is there
> anywhere i can apply to obtain sponsership or will i have to work while
> i'm training to obtain the funds?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> http://www.v1rotate.com
> View this thread:
http://www.v1rotate.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=56690

Robert Moore
July 10th 03, 03:05 PM
"Cecil E. Chapman" > wrote

> Yikes!!!! Are you taking flight instruction to pilot the space
> shuttle??? Why $50,000?????

That's what ComAir or any of the other flight training
centers get for their Professional Pilot Course.
One of my former Private students got her grandfather
to co-sign the loan for her. She finished Comair just
in time for 9-11. Real sad, she was a very good pilot.

Bob Moore

Cecil E. Chapman
July 10th 03, 05:12 PM
> That's what ComAir or any of the other flight training
> centers get for their Professional Pilot Course.
> One of my former Private students got her grandfather
> to co-sign the loan for her. She finished Comair just
> in time for 9-11. Real sad, she was a very good pilot.
>
> Bob

Wow! That almost sounds like education costs to go to medical school
(though obviously much more)!

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

My personal adventures as a student pilot
and after my PPL: www.bayareapilot.com
"Robert Moore" > wrote in message
. 6...
> "Cecil E. Chapman" > wrote
>
> > Yikes!!!! Are you taking flight instruction to pilot the space
> > shuttle??? Why $50,000?????

Robert Moore
July 10th 03, 05:22 PM
"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote
> Wow! That almost sounds like education costs to go to medical
> school (though obviously much more)!

I learned to fly in the US Navy back in 1958. At that time,
the cost to train a Naval Aviator was advertised to be about
one million dollars. A bit more than Medical School. :-)

Bob Moore

Scott
July 10th 03, 08:31 PM
> That's what ComAir or any of the other flight training
> centers get for their Professional Pilot Course.

You might check Key Bank for a loan: they have low-interest aviation
loans, and offer up to $100k. Here is their student site:

http://www.key.com/templates/t-ps2.jhtml?nodeID=H-1.32

Cheers,

Scott

Tom S.
July 10th 03, 09:26 PM
"Cecil E. Chapman" > wrote in message
. com...
> > That's what ComAir or any of the other flight training
> > centers get for their Professional Pilot Course.
> > One of my former Private students got her grandfather
> > to co-sign the loan for her. She finished Comair just
> > in time for 9-11. Real sad, she was a very good pilot.
> >
> > Bob
>
> Wow! That almost sounds like education costs to go to medical school
> (though obviously much more)!

[snip]

> > > Yikes!!!! Are you taking flight instruction to pilot the space
> > > shuttle??? Why $50,000?????

It's two years at an Ivy League college.

Considering that (SIH) American Eagle starts it's pilots at $16,800, the
market for pilots when boom to bust in just two years...even faster than the
tech sector.

Google