PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR/MULTI ORAL

Ian Leslie
July 11th 03, 06:01 PM
Hi There,

I am coming out to the USA in August to do my IR / CPL / Multi Rating. Can
anyone advise as to the style and ofrmat of each of the tests (Oral and
Flight) Any advice and hints and tips would be gratefully received.

I will be doing my instruction in Souther Florida.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

JAR PPL (SEL) (UK)

Al
July 11th 03, 07:44 PM
Get yourself the CPL, I, and ME test standards from the faa. www.faa.gov.
Anything in the list is fair game in the oral. Usually it is informal, just
you and the DE in a room and questions are thrown at you.

On the flight tests, the same thing applies. Anything in the test standards
is fair game. Not all maneuvers are going to be performed, but expect that
you will be held to the standards stated for the maneuvers you are requested
to perform.

Pay attention to the "add-on" sections, as some things will not apply when
you do your CPMEL add-on.

--
remove underscores to email

"Ian Leslie" > wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I am coming out to the USA in August to do my IR / CPL / Multi Rating.
Can
> anyone advise as to the style and ofrmat of each of the tests (Oral and
> Flight) Any advice and hints and tips would be gratefully received.
>
> I will be doing my instruction in Souther Florida.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ian
>
> JAR PPL (SEL) (UK)

Slav Inger
July 11th 03, 09:32 PM
Ian Leslie wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I am coming out to the USA in August to do my IR / CPL / Multi Rating. Can
> anyone advise as to the style and ofrmat of each of the tests (Oral and
> Flight) Any advice and hints and tips would be gratefully received.
>
> I will be doing my instruction in Souther Florida.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I posted an overview of my own instrument oral and checkride awhile
back, you could search Google for it if you want. BTW, a company called
ASA (www.asa2fly.com) publishes rating-specific booklets where they
discuss practical standards and provide a list of questions/answers that
can be asked during the oral.

- Slav Inger
- PP ASEL IA @ YIP

Google