PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh Bound? Free Beer in Iowa!

Jay Honeck
July 14th 03, 03:13 PM
Yes, for those pilots who are hot, tired, thirsty, and en route to Oshkosh
on Sunday, July 27th, Mary and I are holding our First Annual Fly-In Pool
Party at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites in Iowa City, IA.!

Plug in "IOW" on your GPS, and high-tail it on in -- your flight into OSH on
Monday will be that much shorter (we're just 80 minutes from OSH in our
Pathfinder), you'll arrived more refreshed -- and, besides, where the heck
ELSE are you gonna get free beer en route to the Big Show, anyway? ;)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Guy Elden Jr.
July 14th 03, 07:28 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> Pathfinder), you'll arrived more refreshed -- and, besides, where the heck
> ELSE are you gonna get free beer en route to the Big Show, anyway? ;)

Is there a free sober-up room to go along with the free beer? :-)

--
Guy Elden Jr.

Jay Honeck
July 14th 03, 08:16 PM
> Is there a free sober-up room to go along with the free beer? :-)

Well, you could lay down in my hanger, I suppose.

We've got two couches there -- one comfy for sleeping, and the other that we
got from the "University Surplus" store. It's hard plastic, and was
obviously designed to be cleaned with a fire hose, for those "post party"
power yawns... ;)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Guy Elden Jr.
July 14th 03, 09:09 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > Is there a free sober-up room to go along with the free beer? :-)
>
> Well, you could lay down in my hanger, I suppose.
>
> We've got two couches there -- one comfy for sleeping, and the other that
we
> got from the "University Surplus" store. It's hard plastic, and was
> obviously designed to be cleaned with a fire hose, for those "post party"
> power yawns... ;)

Heh, that's ok, I'm just bustin' your chops. I won't be making it out to
Oshkosh this year, but I'm going to try for next year.

My big dream right now is to convince a friend of mine that he needs to
visit his recently dumped ex-gf in Wyoming. i.e... she was recently dumped
by somebody else, and so he needs to go out there to "console" her. :) I
just want the experience of flying, literally, cross-country! We live in NJ,
and in a 172SP, I estimate it would take a good 15 hours of flying to get
there, so your inn would be a perfect place for a mid-trip respite.

--
Guy Elden Jr.

Jay Honeck
July 14th 03, 10:00 PM
> in a 172SP, I estimate it would take a good 15 hours of flying to get
> there, so your inn would be a perfect place for a mid-trip respite.

Well, good luck. (It sounds like an awfully convoluted reason to fly
here -- but what the heck...)

If you time it right, you and your friend can enjoy a few free beers while
you're here!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

G.R. Patterson III
July 15th 03, 03:31 AM
Bob Noel wrote:

> there is NEVER a convoluted reason to fly anywhere.

Oh, I'm sure you could find one, but why bother? There are plenty of simple
reasons to fly.

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel

john smith
July 15th 03, 04:35 AM
What is suite availability looking like?

Jay Honeck
July 15th 03, 04:39 AM
> What is suite availability looking like?

Still got a few!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Big John
July 15th 03, 07:05 AM
Jay

Making up with an old girl friend who is on the rebound is worth
flying clear across the States in a hot air balloon.

Just depends on your testosterone level <G>.

Big John

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:00:33 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
> wrote:

>> in a 172SP, I estimate it would take a good 15 hours of flying to get
>> there, so your inn would be a perfect place for a mid-trip respite.
>
>Well, good luck. (It sounds like an awfully convoluted reason to fly
>here -- but what the heck...)
>
>If you time it right, you and your friend can enjoy a few free beers while
>you're here!

G.R. Patterson III
July 15th 03, 08:09 PM
Big John wrote:

> Just depends on your testosterone level <G>.

And the girl friend. I wouldn't croos the street to meet up with my first
wife, for example.

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel

Jim Weir
July 15th 03, 09:48 PM
I miss my first wife. Then again, my aim is getting a hell of a lot better.

{;-)

Jim

->And the girl friend. I wouldn't croos the street to meet up with my first
->wife, for example.

http://www.rst-engr.com

huh
July 21st 03, 12:12 AM
how could someone lay down on a "hanger" ? aren't those made of wire or
plastic and hold clothes up in your closet ?

at least in Ames they taught us Cyclones to spell correctly ;)

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in

>> Is there a free sober-up room to go along with the free beer? :-)
>
> Well, you could lay down in my hanger, I suppose.
>
> We've got two couches there -- one comfy for sleeping, and the other
> that we got from the "University Surplus" store. It's hard plastic,
> and was obviously designed to be cleaned with a fire hose, for those
> "post party" power yawns... ;)

Jay Honeck
July 21st 03, 01:43 AM
> how could someone lay down on a "hanger" ? aren't those made of wire or
> plastic and hold clothes up in your closet ?
>
> at least in Ames they taught us Cyclones to spell correctly ;)

Well, I attended the University of Wisconsin, so that tells you something!
:)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Roger Halstead
July 22nd 03, 07:23 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:12:25 GMT, huh > wrote:

>how could someone lay down on a "hanger" ? aren't those made of wire or
>plastic and hold clothes up in your closet ?
>
>at least in Ames they taught us Cyclones to spell correctly ;)

I'm just trying to figure the routing to file from 3BS to make the
stop over "on-the-way"

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

>"Jay Honeck" > wrote in
>
>>> Is there a free sober-up room to go along with the free beer? :-)
>>
>> Well, you could lay down in my hanger, I suppose.
>>
>> We've got two couches there -- one comfy for sleeping, and the other
>> that we got from the "University Surplus" store. It's hard plastic,
>> and was obviously designed to be cleaned with a fire hose, for those
>> "post party" power yawns... ;)

Jay Honeck
July 22nd 03, 08:28 PM
> I'm just trying to figure the routing to file from 3BS to make the
> stop over "on-the-way"

Well, Roger, according to Destination Direct, the entire flight -- with IOW
as a "beer stop" -- would only take 3:55. And that's in my plane. (I
suspect you could to it quicker!)

Get your butt down here, or Weir's going to drink all the beer! :)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Google