PDA

View Full Version : Dayton USAF museum

JFLEISC
July 14th 03, 10:28 PM
Well, this is embaressing; I had posted a question about a month ago about
where to fly to in the Dayton area to go to the USAF museum and several of you
kind folks recommended one of the outlying less congested airports (plus some
others) with a good family-run (I think) FBO. Now that I want to call and make
arrangements I'll be damned if I can find where I wrote it down. I'm hoping
that the original respondents will reread this and post the info again. Thanks.

Jim F

(I write things down so I won't forget them but keep forgetting where I put the
note!)

Jay Honeck
July 14th 03, 10:32 PM
See http://makeashorterlink.com/?T6DD11345 from my trip there in May...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

"JFLEISC" > wrote in message
> Well, this is embaressing; I had posted a question about a month ago about
> where to fly to in the Dayton area to go to the USAF museum and several of
you
> kind folks recommended one of the outlying less congested airports (plus
some
> others) with a good family-run (I think) FBO. Now that I want to call and
make
> arrangements I'll be damned if I can find where I wrote it down. I'm
hoping
> that the original respondents will reread this and post the info again.
Thanks.

> Jim F
>
> (I write things down so I won't forget them but keep forgetting where I
put the
> note!)

Big John
July 16th 03, 04:36 AM
Jim

When you go to the museum, look at the F-89J. It's a tail number I
flew. Bird fired atomic air to air rockets in head on attacks that I
designed for ADC. Pk (kill probablility) of head on was over 95%.

Big John

On 14 Jul 2003 21:28:30 GMT, (JFLEISC) wrote:

>Well, this is embaressing; I had posted a question about a month ago about
>where to fly to in the Dayton area to go to the USAF museum and several of you
>kind folks recommended one of the outlying less congested airports (plus some
>others) with a good family-run (I think) FBO. Now that I want to call and make
>arrangements I'll be damned if I can find where I wrote it down. I'm hoping
>that the original respondents will reread this and post the info again. Thanks.
>
>Jim F
>
>(I write things down so I won't forget them but keep forgetting where I put the
>note!)

mrhct
July 23rd 03, 01:18 AM
Jim, make sure you plan on 2 full days at the museum. I just returned from 2
at the airshow and 2 at the museum, sensory overload is the only way to
describe it.
"JFLEISC" > wrote in message
> Well, this is embaressing; I had posted a question about a month ago about
> where to fly to in the Dayton area to go to the USAF museum and several of
you
> kind folks recommended one of the outlying less congested airports (plus
some
> others) with a good family-run (I think) FBO. Now that I want to call and
make
> arrangements I'll be damned if I can find where I wrote it down. I'm
hoping
> that the original respondents will reread this and post the info again.
Thanks.

> Jim F
>
> (I write things down so I won't forget them but keep forgetting where I
put the
> note!)

JFLEISC
July 23rd 03, 01:50 AM
>Jim, make sure you plan on 2 full days at the museum. I just returned from 2
>at the airshow and 2 at the museum, sensory overload is the only way to
>describe it.

Wow! a 2 day museum? sounds better than the Garber facility.

Jim

john smith
July 23rd 03, 01:37 PM
JFLEISC wrote:
> Wow! a 2 day museum? sounds better than the Garber facility.

Don't forget to visit the Annex.

Big John
July 23rd 03, 04:14 PM
Did you see my F-89J (bird I flew on occason when adviser to Maine
ANG)? As I recall, they have two inert Atomic Air to Air rockets hung
on the pylons.

Big John

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:37:59 GMT, john smith >
wrote:

>JFLEISC wrote:
>> Wow! a 2 day museum? sounds better than the Garber facility.
>
>Don't forget to visit the Annex.

mrhct
July 23rd 03, 09:23 PM
Ah yes the annex, aka Presidential and R&D hangers. We took the tour over
there. You only get 40 minutes, we spent all of it in the R&D. Damn I love
that Valkrie. You must, repeat must sign up for the annex EARLY. Doors open
at 9. I suggest you go directly to the sign up desk. The tours to the
hangers fill up very fast.
"john smith" > wrote in message
> JFLEISC wrote:
> > Wow! a 2 day museum? sounds better than the Garber facility.
>
> Don't forget to visit the Annex.

mrhct
July 23rd 03, 09:24 PM
You recall correctly.

"Big John" > wrote in message
> Did you see my F-89J (bird I flew on occason when adviser to Maine
> ANG)? As I recall, they have two inert Atomic Air to Air rockets hung
> on the pylons.
>
> Big John
>

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:37:59 GMT, john smith >
> wrote:
>
> >JFLEISC wrote:
> >> Wow! a 2 day museum? sounds better than the Garber facility.
> >
> >Don't forget to visit the Annex.

Google