PDA

View Full Version : Went to Iowa City

Viperdoc
July 19th 03, 11:37 PM
Went to Iowa City today from the Milwaukee area- it was CAVU all the way.
The FBO staff was very friendly and accommodating, and they let us use the
crew car to go to the Mexican restaurant down the street, past Jay's
establishment. The food was excellent and inexpensive.

Didn't have time to stop and see if Jay was around, but from all of his
posts I expected him to be spending all of his time hanging around the
airport and FBO. Next time we plan on taking a closer look and staying at
Jay's place, particularly if the beer offer is still good.

JN

Jay Honeck
July 19th 03, 11:48 PM
> Didn't have time to stop and see if Jay was around

You shmuck! You ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant, and didn't buy me
lunch? ;)

What day were you here? (If it was today, I'm going to pee in your gas tank
at Oshkosh. We were setting up the lifter, in preparation for the party on
the 27th, and you, too, could have had your hair standing straight up from
28,000 volts!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Viperdoc
July 20th 03, 12:01 AM
Jay, I was there not more than two hours ago.

JN

Martin Hotze
July 20th 03, 12:50 PM
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:37:25 -0500, Viperdoc wrote:

>Didn't have time to stop and see if Jay was around, but from all of his
>posts I expected him to be spending all of his time hanging around the
>airport and FBO.

nope. From all of his posts you had to expect him sitting in front of his
computer. :-))

#m
--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/

John Gilmore: I was ejected from a plane for wearing
"Suspected Terrorist" button http://www.politechbot.com/p-04973.html

Jay Honeck
July 20th 03, 02:31 PM
> nope. From all of his posts you had to expect him sitting in front of his
> computer. :-))

Hey, is it MY fault that Usenet was seemingly designed for the hotel
business?

Get on line. Phone rings. Don't get back for 20 minutes. Read some more
posts. Guest at counter. Don't get back for 15 minutes. Read more posts.
Email comes in from website. Don't get back for 10 minutes... Read more
posts...

It's "Short Attention Span Theater" for the service industry! :)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Montblack
July 21st 03, 07:48 PM
Marty, Marty, Marty

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing :-)

--
Montblack

(Martin Hotze wrote)
> nope. From all of his posts you had to expect him sitting in front of his
> computer. :-))

Google