PDA

View Full Version : Re: Oshkosh Roster -- Sign In, Please!

Dave S
July 20th 03, 06:40 AM
Unfortunately, Jay...

Dave from Houston WONT be making it this year. I know I surprised you
last year one evening, and I originally intended to go, alas Im back in
school finishing up some higher education.. the "come hell or high
water" project has a public presentation due right in the middle of the
week of OSH.. so.. excuses excuses.

Gonna miss you guys.
Dave S PPSEL

Jay Honeck wrote:

> Okay, here's something that should help us pull off an OSH get together.
> Let's post who the heck we are, what the heck we're flying, and when the
> heck we're arriving. That way, we'll have SOME clue as to whom we'll be
> sharing a cold one with whilst enjoying the "Big Show".
>
> If you cut and paste the previous poster's info into your post, we'll
> eventually have one big printout with everyone's info on it.
>
> The day we've decided to run with for the get together is THURSDAY AFTER THE
> AIRSHOW. It will be at OUR CAMPSITE in the North 40. You will have to stop
> at the EAA Camp Booth in the North 40, and have them do a search on either
> my "N" number, or my last name. They will then pinpoint our location for
> you, and you can toddle over for a cold one or three.
>
> Remember -- bring beer! If you don't bring beer, you're be buying at Friar
> Tuck's, which is where we'll all stagger to for dinner.
>
> Anywho, here goes:
>
> Who: Jay, Mary, Joey (12) and Becca (9) Honeck
> What: 1974 Piper Cherokee Pathfinder
> Tail #: N56993
> Arriving: Tuesday, 7/29
> Departing: Sunday, 8/3
> Staying where? North 40

Dave S
July 20th 03, 04:45 PM
Yea.. I was the one who used the EAA camp registration system to stalk
you. Good luck and drink a beer or three for me.

Dave

Jay Honeck wrote:

>>Dave from Houston WONT be making it this year. I know I surprised you
>>last year one evening, and I originally intended to go
>>

> Sorry to hear it, Dave. I think it was you (?) that told me about the EAA
> North 40 Booth, and their marvelous computerized "tracking" abilities!
>
> I know I was surprised to have you (and a few other people) wander over to
> our campsite last year, seemingly out of the clear blue sky. It was really
> strange, thinking you're a "million miles from home", lost in the middle of
> 12,000 airplanes, and suddenly have someone come up and say "Hi, Jay!" :)
>
> (Actually, that wasn't the best example. We actually had a person come up
> to us while we were standing in line at the Fly Market, and say "Hey --
> aren't you Jay Honeck?" He actually recognized my picture off of our
> website! Talk about "Total Recall"! )

Google