PDA

View Full Version : Re: AC down at KAVP

VRB300
July 22nd 03, 03:29 PM
>One confirmed dead, other pax condition unknown<

Latest report states only one person was on board. Aircraft still described as
"military type".

Vince

Aardvarks
July 22nd 03, 04:21 PM
VRB300 wrote:
> An ac reorted by a witness to be a "privately owned military type ac" went down
> after take off. One confirmed dead, other pax condition unknown at present.
> Plane reportedly leveled off at low alt and then went into a steep descent
> shortly after takeoff. Happened around 9:00 AM today.
>
> Vince
UPDATED: 11:10 a.m.

A plane has crashed in a wooded area near the Wilkes Barre/Scranton
International Airport in Luzerne County.

It happened just after 9:00 Tuesday morning. Police on the scene confirm
one person was on the plane and did not survive the crash. Newswatch 16
has learned the plane was a British made Hawker-Hunter jet, a 1950's
fighter jet. The owner is a man from Sussex County,New Jersey.

Thick black smoke was seen coming from an area near Interstate 81 and
Suscon Road in Dupont after the crash.

A witness tells Newswatch 16 she was driving on Interstate 81 when she
saw a military-type plane coming in at a steep angle, then a fireball
not far from the Wilkes Barre/Scranton International Airport.

Another witness tells Newswatch 16 he saw the plane take off from the
airport. The plane appparently could not gain altitude, leveled off and
then took a steep dive to the ground.

Expect delays on Interstate 81 for the next several hours in the area of
the Wilkes Barre/Scranton International Airport.

Newswatch 16 has crews on the scene and will be updating the situation
and have live reports on Newswatch 16 at Noon.

From
http://www.wnep.com/

WW

G.R. Patterson III
July 22nd 03, 06:53 PM
Aardvarks wrote:

> The owner is a man from Sussex County, New Jersey.

Dave Sutton, by chance?

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel

G.R. Patterson III
July 22nd 03, 10:25 PM
Ron Natalie wrote:

> "G.R. Patterson III" > wrote in message ...
> >

> > Aardvarks wrote:
> > >
> > > The owner is a man from Sussex County, New Jersey.
> >
> > Dave Sutton, by chance?
>
> That would be a shame.

I just checked. Dave's not from Sussex County.

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel

G.R. Patterson III
July 23rd 03, 03:13 AM
Aardvarks wrote:

> The pilot, a man from Texas, was the only one on board.

Thanks for the update.

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel

AJ
July 23rd 03, 08:54 PM
I'm a little confused. The article stated that the Sussex county man
sold it to a guy from Texas (the deceased pilot) who was delivering it
to its new owner in Canada. I must be terribly dense, but doesn't
that mean the guy from Texas was not its owner?

Angie

Judah
July 25th 03, 02:49 AM
The article was loaded with simple typos and grammatical errors. Is there
any reason to believe that the content was any more accurate than the
language?

(AJ) wrote in
om:

> I'm a little confused. The article stated that the Sussex county man
> sold it to a guy from Texas (the deceased pilot) who was delivering it
> to its new owner in Canada. I must be terribly dense, but doesn't
> that mean the guy from Texas was not its owner?
>
> Angie

Google