PDA

View Full Version : BFR

Gene Seibel
July 25th 03, 08:03 PM
Took my 13th BFR last night. Got to wondering how long ago BFR's were
first required. Anyone know?
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Gene Seibel
July 25th 03, 08:25 PM
Did some googling and found some history at
http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/182236-1.html . Looks like it became
mandetory just before I began flying in 1976. It figures - Three year
3rd class medicals for those under 40 began just after I passed
40...........
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html
Because I fly, I envy no one.

"Gene Seibel" > wrote in message
arthlink.net...
> Took my 13th BFR last night. Got to wondering how long ago BFR's
were
> first required. Anyone know?
> --
> Gene Seibel
> Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html
> Because I fly, I envy no one.

Ben Jackson
July 25th 03, 09:19 PM
In article ink.net>,
Gene Seibel > wrote:
>Took my 13th BFR last night. Got to wondering how long ago BFR's were
>first required. Anyone know?

You're doing it wrong, then. You should be adding new ratings. :)

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Gene Seibel
July 25th 03, 09:47 PM
I've pretty much always enjoyed doing things the _wrong_ way. ;)
--

"Ben Jackson" > wrote in message
> In article
ink.net>,
> Gene Seibel > wrote:
> >Took my 13th BFR last night. Got to wondering how long ago BFR's
were
> >first required. Anyone know?
>
> You're doing it wrong, then. You should be adding new ratings. :)
>
> --
> Ben Jackson
> >
> http://www.ben.com/

Neal
July 26th 03, 12:47 AM
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:19:23 GMT, (Ben Jackson) wrote:

>In article ink.net>,
>Gene Seibel > wrote:
>>Took my 13th BFR last night. Got to wondering how long ago BFR's were
>>first required. Anyone know?
>
>You're doing it wrong, then. You should be adding new ratings. :)

Getting new ratings costs a lot more money than just flying the
aircraft you already own more frequently.

Google