PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cutting shirttails???

Larry Dighera
August 26th 03, 05:24 AM
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:29:39 -0700, "C J Campbell"
> wrote in Message-Id:
>:

>Basically, cutting off the shirt tail marked you as the
>new guy and any stories or ceremonies that went along with it were simply
>there to add weight to the moment.

A glider student's first solo usually ends in a dousing with a bucket
of water. As gliders often relies on hot rising air to sustain them,
a refreshing drench is soon dry, and all in good fun and camaraderie.

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,

Peter Duniho
August 26th 03, 06:55 PM
"Mark James Boyd" > wrote in message
> Now with more and more female pilots, this cold water dousing
> seems like an even better idea, I think...but cutting off the
> shirt is fine too ;-----)

Right, since that's definitely the way to encourage greater equality and to
have more women involved in aviation.

Interesting theory...

Google