PDA

View Full Version : Duluth - Blue Angles this weekend

Montblack
September 20th 03, 12:35 AM
Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?

http://www.duluthairshow.com/index2.htm

Blue Angles are scheduled to be there.

Hopefully we'll get up there on Sunday morning. Weather looks iffy.

--
Montblack

C J Campbell
September 20th 03, 12:53 AM
"Montblack" > wrote in message
.. .
| Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?
|
| http://www.duluthairshow.com/index2.htm
|
| Blue Angles are scheduled to be there.

I like the Thundrebirds almost as much. :-)

Then there is that new group, the Green Circles.

Allan Meuli
September 20th 03, 05:13 AM
> Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?

Not likely.... just sprung the baby and the mom from the hospital today!

Montblack
September 20th 03, 09:32 AM
("Allan Meuli" wrote)
> > Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?
> >

> Not likely.... just sprung the baby and the mom from the hospital today!

Congratulations on the baby. 1st?

It's amazing when the hospital lets you go home, *solo*, with your first
baby. What? No doctors or nurses around anymore, just you, me, and this
needy infant - help!!

Watching first time parents getting out the door, with their little bundle
of joy, to go to say, grandma's house, is a hoot - it's like watching the
circus packing up to leave town.

Watching parents of two or three kids, run through the same maneuver, is a
lesson in efficiency, traveling light, and getting out the door fast...
there's one clean diaper left in the glove box - I think. Head count three
kids? Yup ...bye bye.

Good luck with your new little aviator. Give *Mom* our best wishes.

--
Montblack

Allan Meuli
September 20th 03, 01:56 PM

> Congratulations on the baby. 1st?

Yes, she is our first. My wife seems to be a natural at handling babies,
and I am slowly getting the hang of it. This is definetly something
totally new, even though we planned and planned ahead. There was no way of
knowing one week ago what life would be like today. I had an idea that it
would be just wonderful, and it really is, more than I could have imagined.

Jay Honeck
September 20th 03, 02:20 PM
> Yes, she is our first. My wife seems to be a natural at handling babies,
> and I am slowly getting the hang of it. This is definetly something
> totally new, even though we planned and planned ahead. There was no way
of
> knowing one week ago what life would be like today. I had an idea that it
> would be just wonderful, and it really is, more than I could have
imagined.

Congrats!

One thing we found: Getting married changed *nothing*. Having children,
however, changed *everything*. Sometimes for the better, other times for
the worse, but life is definitely never the same again.

Just don't have too many, or you'll need a bigger plane! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Steven P. McNicoll
September 20th 03, 02:28 PM
"Montblack" > wrote in message
.. .

> Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?
>
> http://www.duluthairshow.com/index2.htm
>
> Blue Angles are scheduled to be there.

Hmmm.... I can recall learning about acute angles, and obtuse angles, but I
haven't a clue about blue angles.

Montblack
September 20th 03, 06:32 PM
("Steven P. McNicoll" wrote)
> > http://www.duluthairshow.com/index2.htm
> >
> > Blue Angles are scheduled to be there.
> >

> Hmmm.... I can recall learning about acute angles, and obtuse angles, but
> haven't a clue about blue angles.

1, 2, 3 newsgroups. That's just great. Doh!!

I plead the post 3 am posting defense.
(Not even the infamous *Chewbacca defense* will work for me here)

....blue angles are very fast angles.

--
Montblack

Wizard of Draws
September 20th 03, 09:31 PM
Jay Honeck wrote:

> One thing we found: Getting married changed *nothing*. Having children,
> however, changed *everything*. Sometimes for the better, other times for
> the worse, but life is definitely never the same again.

Getting all of them out of the house changes things quite a bit too.
Naked Tuesdays!
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

"Cartoons with a Touch of Magic"
http://www.wizardofdraws.com
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

G.R. Patterson III
September 21st 03, 03:48 AM
Allan Meuli wrote:

> > Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?
> >
> Not likely.... just sprung the baby and the mom from the hospital today!

They'd love it!

George Patterson
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that cannot
be learned any other way. Samuel Clemens

Kevin Dunlevy
September 21st 03, 06:51 PM
I took my kids to the Duluth air show several times when we lived up there.
One year the Concord did what they called a "turn and burn," which was a low
pass and go around. The noise of the Concord when they poured on the coal
scared the Bee Jeepers out of my kids who were all under ten at the time.
Kevin Dunlevy

"Montblack" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?
>
> http://www.duluthairshow.com/index2.htm
>
> Blue Angles are scheduled to be there.
>
> Hopefully we'll get up there on Sunday morning. Weather looks iffy.
>
> --
> Montblack

Jim Vadek
September 21st 03, 10:51 PM
"Blue Angles" and "Is our children learning".

"Montblack" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone going to Duluth (MN) this weekend for the Air Show?
>
> http://www.duluthairshow.com/index2.htm

Ray Andraka
September 22nd 03, 01:09 AM
I'm glad I got talked into a Six when I bought mine. I had been looking at
various 4 place models. I have 4 kids now, and a 5th on the way. The Six is a
minivan on wings. I can still load all the kids, the wife, the dog, bags for 3
days or so and still fill the tanks. It is getting pretty close to max now that
they are growing (oldest is 13 and is almost as big as me). Unfortunatly, the
next step would be a Caravan, which is out of my price range.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Jay Honeck
September 22nd 03, 05:00 AM
> I'm glad I got talked into a Six when I bought mine.

Yeah, we tried to find a good Six when we were looking to replace our
Warrior, and couldn't find one.

So, we settled on our pristine Cherokee 235 Pathfinder, which is just an
awesome plane. We've got darn near the same useful load (1460 pounds) as a
Six -- we just can't have any more kids!

Piper birth control! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jack Allison
September 22nd 03, 05:11 AM
Don't you hate it when spell checker says "yep, ok by me" but the manual
context checker failed? Yep, that stuff happens a lot at 3:00 am.

I think you should go for the Chewbacca defense anyway...

> ...blue angles are very fast angles.

....that produce a thrust to weight ratio greater than 1:1...very cool.
Favorite maneuver...dirty roll on takeoff.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

G.R. Patterson III
September 22nd 03, 03:43 PM
Jay Honeck wrote:

> We've got darn near the same useful load (1460 pounds) as a
> Six -- we just can't have any more kids!

Somebody really needs to come up with a workable trailer for airplanes. One
that doesn't need its own pilot.

George Patterson
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that cannot
be learned any other way. Samuel Clemens

Montblack
September 22nd 03, 09:05 PM
They're called wings :-)

http://stripe.colorado.edu/~steinerd/Phoenix.html

--
Montblack

("G.R. Patterson III" wrote)
> Somebody really needs to come up with a workable trailer for airplanes.
One that doesn't need its own pilot.

John Galban
September 22nd 03, 11:39 PM
"G.R. Patterson III" > wrote in message >...
> Jay Honeck wrote:
> >
> > We've got darn near the same useful load (1460 pounds) as a
> > Six -- we just can't have any more kids!
>
> Somebody really needs to come up with a workable trailer for airplanes. One
> that doesn't need its own pilot.

Funny you should mention that. I was reading a book about DC prop
airliners over the weekend and found a reference to someone that did
something similar (except they needed the extra pilot). Apparently,
a cargo outfit purchased a couple of surplus C-47s (DC-3s) and a few
WACO CG-4A gliders. They actually received approval from the FAA to
tow the cargo-laden gliders behind the C-47s on cargo flights, just
like they did in the Normandy invasion.

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Ray Andraka
September 23rd 03, 03:00 AM
With #5 on the way, I am up against the same limit except I don't have any
option for something bigger (a Cessna Caravan is just a tad out of reach
financially). Already have the 7th seat installed in the Six, and that will be
filled come February.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950