PDA

View Full Version : Re: "Wedding guests shoot down passing plane"

Ralph Snart
October 14th 03, 07:34 PM
Wonderful. Blame the victims.

"Boran Pivcic" > wrote in message
> At 13:30 this Saturday near the village of Radina, Serbia, an UTVA-75, a
> Yugoslav-made 2-seat trainer, was shot down by a revolver bullet fired
from
> one of the guests at a wedding. The plane was flying low and the guests
did
> not see it approach as they started firing firearms of various calibers.
The
> bullet hit the plane's wing and pierced the fuel tank. The pilot lost
> control and hit nearby high-tension wires that resulted in the explosion
of
> the fuel tank. The plane crash landed and was set afire. The crew were
> rescued, both the pilot and copilot suffering sever wounds. The copilot's
> health is stable, but doctors are still fighting for the pilot's life.
Media
> later reported that neither of the crew had a pilot licence, except the
> pilot who had a glider rating. Both were employees of Kraljevo Customs. It
> is also said that from the preliminary reports, no action will be taken
> against the guests, since the plane was flying dangerously low in a
> forbidden area.
>
> Triple Delta

John E. Carty
October 14th 03, 08:19 PM
Who were unlicensed and flying in restricted airspace. Yes, by all means in
this case, blame the victims!

"Ralph Snart" > wrote in message
> Wonderful. Blame the victims.
>

> "Boran Pivcic" > wrote in message
> > At 13:30 this Saturday near the village of Radina, Serbia, an UTVA-75, a
> > Yugoslav-made 2-seat trainer, was shot down by a revolver bullet fired
> from
> > one of the guests at a wedding. The plane was flying low and the guests
> did
> > not see it approach as they started firing firearms of various calibers.
> The
> > bullet hit the plane's wing and pierced the fuel tank. The pilot lost
> > control and hit nearby high-tension wires that resulted in the explosion
> of
> > the fuel tank. The plane crash landed and was set afire. The crew were
> > rescued, both the pilot and copilot suffering sever wounds. The
copilot's
> > health is stable, but doctors are still fighting for the pilot's life.
> Media
> > later reported that neither of the crew had a pilot licence, except the
> > pilot who had a glider rating. Both were employees of Kraljevo Customs.
It
> > is also said that from the preliminary reports, no action will be taken
> > against the guests, since the plane was flying dangerously low in a
> > forbidden area.
> >
> > Triple Delta

Ralph Snart
October 14th 03, 08:57 PM
Even though I'm a member of the (lifetime) NRA, something about people
firing firearms into the air unnerves me. The bullets have to come down
somewhere - 'Farmer Joe Brown, plowing his field, was stuck and killed by a
bullet fired from a wedding party, but it was his fault for being in the way
of the bullet.'

If you ever get tired of living in the USA, I have a suggestion for
you....;)

"John E. Carty" > wrote in message
.. .
> Who were unlicensed and flying in restricted airspace. Yes, by all means
in
> this case, blame the victims!
>
> "Ralph Snart" > wrote in message
> > Wonderful. Blame the victims.
> >

> > "Boran Pivcic" > wrote in message
> > > At 13:30 this Saturday near the village of Radina, Serbia, an UTVA-75,
> > > Yugoslav-made 2-seat trainer, was shot down by a revolver bullet fired
> > from
> > > one of the guests at a wedding. The plane was flying low and the
guests
> > did
> > > not see it approach as they started firing firearms of various
calibers.
> > The
> > > bullet hit the plane's wing and pierced the fuel tank. The pilot lost
> > > control and hit nearby high-tension wires that resulted in the
explosion
> > of
> > > the fuel tank. The plane crash landed and was set afire. The crew were
> > > rescued, both the pilot and copilot suffering sever wounds. The
> copilot's
> > > health is stable, but doctors are still fighting for the pilot's life.
> > Media
> > > later reported that neither of the crew had a pilot licence, except
the
> > > pilot who had a glider rating. Both were employees of Kraljevo
Customs.
> It
> > > is also said that from the preliminary reports, no action will be
taken
> > > against the guests, since the plane was flying dangerously low in a
> > > forbidden area.
> > >
> > > Triple Delta

Google