PDA

View Full Version : Honeywell Cited by FSDO in Pilot Administrative Action!

Larry Dighera
November 4th 03, 10:43 PM
Whose responsible here?

AVflash Volume 9, Number 45a November 3, 2003

TAKING THE PILOT OUT OF FLYING
While many of us are somewhat familiar with TCAS (Traffic Alert
and Collision Avoidance System) and GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning
System) some new high-tech in-cockpit technology promises to go a
step beyond the current level of safety-conscious warnings.
Honeywell Aerospace is studying whether to produce a product that
would take over the aircraft's flight controls from a pilot who
did not respond to alert and audio warnings from an impending
in-flight collision. Honeywell spokesman Ron Crotty told The
Wichita Eagle the device would return control authority to the
pilot once the danger threat was eliminated.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/144-full.html#185982

Gig Giacona
November 4th 03, 10:54 PM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> Whose responsible here?

> AVflash Volume 9, Number 45a November 3, 2003

> TAKING THE PILOT OUT OF FLYING
> While many of us are somewhat familiar with TCAS (Traffic Alert
> and Collision Avoidance System) and GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning
> System) some new high-tech in-cockpit technology promises to go a
> step beyond the current level of safety-conscious warnings.
> Honeywell Aerospace is studying whether to produce a product that
> would take over the aircraft's flight controls from a pilot who
> did not respond to alert and audio warnings from an impending
> in-flight collision. Honeywell spokesman Ron Crotty told The
> Wichita Eagle the device would return control authority to the
> pilot once the danger threat was eliminated.
> http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/144-full.html#185982

Ahhhh.....Honeywell

BTIZ
November 5th 03, 01:24 AM
the pilot that installs that system into his airplane..

"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message

> Whose responsible here?

> AVflash Volume 9, Number 45a November 3, 2003

> TAKING THE PILOT OUT OF FLYING
> While many of us are somewhat familiar with TCAS (Traffic Alert
> and Collision Avoidance System) and GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning
> System) some new high-tech in-cockpit technology promises to go a
> step beyond the current level of safety-conscious warnings.
> Honeywell Aerospace is studying whether to produce a product that
> would take over the aircraft's flight controls from a pilot who
> did not respond to alert and audio warnings from an impending
> in-flight collision. Honeywell spokesman Ron Crotty told The
> Wichita Eagle the device would return control authority to the
> pilot once the danger threat was eliminated.
> http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/144-full.html#185982

idkw
November 5th 03, 03:04 PM
I think we already have one of those... it's called Airbus.

Larry Dighera > wrote in message >...
> Whose responsible here?

> AVflash Volume 9, Number 45a November 3, 2003

> TAKING THE PILOT OUT OF FLYING
> While many of us are somewhat familiar with TCAS (Traffic Alert
> and Collision Avoidance System) and GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning
> System) some new high-tech in-cockpit technology promises to go a
> step beyond the current level of safety-conscious warnings.
> Honeywell Aerospace is studying whether to produce a product that
> would take over the aircraft's flight controls from a pilot who
> did not respond to alert and audio warnings from an impending
> in-flight collision. Honeywell spokesman Ron Crotty told The
> Wichita Eagle the device would return control authority to the
> pilot once the danger threat was eliminated.
> http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/144-full.html#185982

Google