PDA

View Full Version : LAX Today - 3/17/12 (pt 1 of 4) [14/17] - IMG_4680_2-1-2012_26.jpg (1/1) 105178

the Legend of LAX[_2_]
March 17th 12, 06:22 PM

Richard[_8_]
March 17th 12, 11:27 PM
On 3/17/2012 1:22 PM, the Legend of LAX wrote:

There is an interesting story here.

Wish I knew what it is...

Andrew Chaplin
March 18th 12, 02:19 AM
Richard > wrote in news:lfmdnWGFZ-
:

> On 3/17/2012 1:22 PM, the Legend of LAX wrote:
>
> There is an interesting story here.
>
> Wish I knew what it is...

Raytheon's aircraft for flying around radar systems. I think that is for
Bombardier Sentinel that they're flogging to the RAF.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Annie
March 18th 12, 02:25 AM
Richard wrote:
> On 3/17/2012 1:22 PM, the Legend of LAX wrote:
>
> There is an interesting story here.
>
> Wish I knew what it is...
Sensor testbed aircraft of some sort would be my guess. The nose looks
modified for a tactical/fighter radar system.

Richard[_8_]
March 18th 12, 05:14 AM
On 3/17/2012 9:25 PM, Annie wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> On 3/17/2012 1:22 PM, the Legend of LAX wrote:
>>
>> There is an interesting story here.
>>
>> Wish I knew what it is...
> Sensor testbed aircraft of some sort would be my guess. The nose looks
> modified for a tactical/fighter radar system.

It does , doesn't it.

And that underbelly pod looks like it may have some interesting goodies
inside.

More:
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N289MT

Call sign "Voodoo 1" - She is registered to Raytheon - LA.

Not much more known.

Richard[_8_]
March 18th 12, 05:16 AM
Paint job looks a bit like the Janet flights.

Bob (not my real pseudonym)
March 18th 12, 08:04 AM
Oy! A little Compound W should help the warts, and where else but LA
to get that nose fixed.

Still, the prettiest Boeing...

the Legend of LAX[_2_]
March 18th 12, 08:57 PM
On 3/17/2012 10:14 PM, Richard wrote:
> On 3/17/2012 9:25 PM, Annie wrote:
>> Richard wrote:
>>> On 3/17/2012 1:22 PM, the Legend of LAX wrote:
>>>
>>> There is an interesting story here.
>>>
>>> Wish I knew what it is...
>> Sensor testbed aircraft of some sort would be my guess. The nose looks
>> modified for a tactical/fighter radar system.
>
> It does , doesn't it.
>
> And that underbelly pod looks like it may have some interesting goodies
> inside.
>
> More:
> http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N289MT
>
> Call sign "Voodoo 1" - She is registered to Raytheon - LA.
>
> Not much more known.

Now that is the third name I have seen on the nose. First was Amorous
Angie, then this Sweet Steve, & now Voodoo One. We used to have a DC-10
called Sweet Judy.

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca