PDA

View Full Version : Midair in RI

Martin
November 18th 03, 12:49 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/local/wvit/A1880294.asp

Has anyone heard anything more than whats in that article?

Doesnt make much sense, 100ft over the runway, and the piper was
landing... maybe he saw the cessna taking off and tried a go-around,
only to have the cessna come up under him in the blind spot... someone
wasnt on the radio id bet.

BTIZ
November 18th 03, 01:57 AM
happens at least once or twice a year.. somewhere..

and even at an ATC controlled airport..
http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_id=20030925X01600&key=1

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_id=20030925X01600&key=2

same accident.. one report for each aircraft.. crossing runways.. Piper
Arrow and Mirage

BT

"Martin" > wrote in message
om...
> http://www.msnbc.com/local/wvit/A1880294.asp
>
> Has anyone heard anything more than whats in that article?
>
> Doesnt make much sense, 100ft over the runway, and the piper was
> landing... maybe he saw the cessna taking off and tried a go-around,
> only to have the cessna come up under him in the blind spot... someone
> wasnt on the radio id bet.

Pat Thronson
November 18th 03, 03:06 AM
Man, that just sucks

Pat Thronson

"Martin" > wrote in message
om...
> http://www.msnbc.com/local/wvit/A1880294.asp
>
> Has anyone heard anything more than whats in that article?
>
> Doesnt make much sense, 100ft over the runway, and the piper was
> landing... maybe he saw the cessna taking off and tried a go-around,
> only to have the cessna come up under him in the blind spot... someone
> wasnt on the radio id bet.

Harry Gordon
November 18th 03, 10:29 PM
"BTIZ" > wrote in message
> happens at least once or twice a year.. somewhere..

Happened to me when I was a student a few months back - I had a 172 take off
on me while I was on a short final also in a 172. I quickly turned to the
right side of the runway so I could keep an eye on the 172, and did a go
around - I don't think the pilot ever saw me.

Harry
PP-ASEL

Google