PDA

View Full Version : Trailer clamp pad - where to find one?

Scott Alexander[_2_]
April 23rd 12, 03:16 AM
On my Komet trailer, the wingtips are held into place by a clamp with
a pad that is connected to the ceiling of the trailer. When the
trailer is closed, this pad is pressed against the trailing edge of
the wingtip. The construction of the rubberish-foam is about 3/8 inch
thick.

This pad needs to be replaced. Any suggestions of what to use?

bumper[_4_]
April 23rd 12, 09:14 AM
On Apr 22, 7:16*pm, Scott Alexander >
wrote:
> On my Komet trailer, the wingtips are held into place by a clamp with
> a pad that is connected to the ceiling of the trailer. *When the
> trailer is closed, this pad is pressed against the trailing edge of
> the wingtip. *The construction of the rubberish-foam is about 3/8 inch
> thick.
>
> This pad needs to be replaced. *Any suggestions of what to use?

There's lots of "rubberish-foam" available from McMaster-Carr on-line.
They even have some Durometer charts to compare the degree of firmness
of the various rubber materials along with their resistance to
weathering.

bumper

Grider Pirate[_2_]
April 23rd 12, 08:30 PM
wrote:
> On my Komet trailer, the wingtips are held into place by a clamp with
> a pad that is connected to the ceiling of the trailer. *When the
> trailer is closed, this pad is pressed against the trailing edge of
> the wingtip. *The construction of the rubberish-foam is about 3/8 inch
> thick.
>
> This pad needs to be replaced. *Any suggestions of what to use?

Thick felt, carpet, neoprene wet-suit material... etc..

Google