PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Looking for Coastal Command Beaufighters/Mosquitos

JR[_3_]
May 12th 12, 05:47 PM
Greetings folks

I'm trying to find decent COLOR images/photos of Coastal Comand
Beaufighters and/or Mosquitos, live or book color plates. I just need
to see what cammo they used.

Been trying to find any on the net but all I get are either black and
white, or very poor quality.

Anyone can help?

Netko
May 12th 12, 09:30 PM
On Sat, 12 May 2012 17:47:44 +0100, JR wrote
(in article >):

> I'm trying to find decent COLOR images/photos of Coastal Comand
> Beaufighters and/or Mosquitos, live or book color plates. I just need
> to see what cammo they used.

Here's a Coastal Command Beaufighter on, of all places, Malta. Not much use
for your purposes, of course, but possibly of interest to others.

Perhaps more helpful would be the variety of colour side view drawings at the
following locations (Beaufighter and Mosquito respectively):

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/296/9

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/77/9

Also, I reckon that a (small) number of the drawings Joseph Testagrose has
posted here in the past few months are relevant.

I'm not entirely clear if this is the sort of thing you're after but worth a
look.

And finally, should you need it to sort the wheat from the chaff, there's a
list of Coastal Command squadrons at:

http://www.rafcommands.com/Coastal/indexC.html

ŽiŠardo
May 13th 12, 11:05 AM
On 12/05/2012 17:47, JR wrote:

> Greetings folks
>

> I'm trying to find decent COLOR images/photos of Coastal Comand
> Beaufighters and/or Mosquitos, live or book color plates. I just need
> to see what cammo they used.
>
> Been trying to find any on the net but all I get are either black and
> white, or very poor quality.
>
> Anyone can help?

Hi JR,

Not the best pictures in the world, but here's a Beaufighter at the RAF
Museum at Hendon.

Regards,

RiŠardo

--
Moving things in still pictures

FastStone - Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing - For Free!

www.FastStone.org

JR[_3_]
May 13th 12, 04:17 PM
On Sun, 13 May 2012 11:05:54 +0100, ŽiŠardo > wrote:

>Hi JR,
>
>Not the best pictures in the world, but here's a Beaufighter at the RAF
>Museum at Hendon.
>
>Regards,
>
>RiŠardo

Excelent set, thanks a lot

JR[_3_]
May 13th 12, 04:17 PM
On Sat, 12 May 2012 21:30:32 +0100, Netko >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 May 2012 17:47:44 +0100, JR wrote
>(in article >):
>
>> I'm trying to find decent COLOR images/photos of Coastal Comand
>> Beaufighters and/or Mosquitos, live or book color plates. I just need
>> to see what cammo they used.
>
>Here's a Coastal Command Beaufighter on, of all places, Malta. Not much use
>for your purposes, of course, but possibly of interest to others.
>
>Perhaps more helpful would be the variety of colour side view drawings at the
>following locations (Beaufighter and Mosquito respectively):
>
>http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/296/9
>
>http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/77/9
>
>Also, I reckon that a (small) number of the drawings Joseph Testagrose has
>posted here in the past few months are relevant.
>
>I'm not entirely clear if this is the sort of thing you're after but worth a
>look.
>
>And finally, should you need it to sort the wheat from the chaff, there's a
>list of Coastal Command squadrons at:
>
>http://www.rafcommands.com/Coastal/indexC.html

Excelent info, thanks a lot

Google