PDA

View Full Version : Duckhawk: a real chance of winning US 15m nationals....

Sean Fidler (F2)
May 21st 12, 03:00 AM
I am really impressed! Leading the event after steadily ascending the ranking list all week. Any news on live "in the air" performance vs. traditional gliders? Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?

I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. Winning (Jerzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.

Sean F2

Andrzej Kobus
May 21st 12, 03:37 AM
On May 20, 10:00*pm, "Sean Fidler (F2)" > wrote:
> I am really impressed! *Leading the event after *steadily ascending the ranking list all week. *Any news on live "in the air" performance vs. traditional gliders? *Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?
>
> I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. *Winning (Jerzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.
>
> Sean F2

Sean just to be precise, :) . "Leading the event", the way I see it
ASG-29-15 is first with Jerzy at the controls (XG) so you can't really
say that Duckhawk is leading the event. It sure must be a good glider
but the pilot is the key.

Sean Fidler (F2)
May 21st 12, 03:49 AM
Fully agree! Jerzy is at a different level. But the DH seems to be trending very positively since early in the contest.

Will DH be at worlds?

Tony[_5_]
May 21st 12, 04:23 AM
Frank's reports on Soaring Cafe seem to indicate that from a purely subjective standpoint while flying with the Duckhawk it is right with the Ventus 2's and ASW-27/29-15's.

Have you ordered one yet Sean?? :)

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:00:16 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler (F2) wrote:
> I am really impressed! Leading the event after steadily ascending the ranking list all week. Any news on live "in the air" performance vs. traditional gliders? Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?
>
> I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. Winning (Jerzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.
>
> Sean F2

Kevin Christner
May 21st 12, 04:56 AM
On May 20, 11:23*pm, Tony > wrote:
> Frank's reports on Soaring Cafe seem to indicate that from a purely subjective standpoint while flying with the Duckhawk it is right with the Ventus 2's and ASW-27/29-15's.

Note that the Duckhawk is designed for better high speed
performance... A lot of guys flying around dry or partial water isn't
a great comparison. Wait to see it out west... then we'll know.

2C

Gregg Leslie[_2_]
May 21st 12, 05:21 AM
At 02:37 21 May 2012, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
>On May 20, 10:00=A0pm, "Sean Fidler (F2)" wrote:
>> I am really impressed! =A0Leading the event after =A0steadily ascending
>t=
>he ranking list all week. =A0Any news on live "in the air" performance
vs.
>=
>traditional gliders? =A0Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?
>>
>> I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. =A0Winning
>(J=
>erzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.
>>
>> Sean F2
>
>Sean just to be precise, :) . "Leading the event", the way I see it
>ASG-29-15 is first with Jerzy at the controls (XG) so you can't really
>say that Duckhawk is leading the event. It sure must be a good glider
>but the pilot is the key.
>
>Ooooichh

GARY BOGGS
May 21st 12, 06:29 AM
I wonder how it would do on the Appalachians.

Boggs

John Firth
May 21st 12, 02:02 PM
At 03:23 21 May 2012, Tony wrote:
>Frank's reports on Soaring Cafe seem to indicate that from a purely
>subjective standpoint while flying with the Duckhawk it is right with the
>Ventus 2's and ASW-27/29-15's.
>
>Have you ordered one yet Sean?? :)
>
>On Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:00:16 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler (F2) wrote:
>> I am really impressed! Leading the event after steadily ascending the
>ranking list all week. Any news on live "in the air" performance vs.
>traditional gliders? Running fast/slow, ridge, climbing, etc?
>>
>> I understand that this is the Duckhawks very first contest. Winning
>(Jerzy aside) the nationals "out of the box" would be incredible.
>>
>> Sean F2
>
>Not incredible or even a first!
Dick Schreder did it with the HP 7 in 1958 and in 1966 with the HP 14.
Not a Regional but the Nationals!!!
But you guys are all too young to remember that!

John F

Steve Leonard[_2_]
May 21st 12, 04:14 PM
On May 21, 8:02*am, John Firth > wrote:

> Not incredible or even a first!
>
> Dick Schreder did it with the HP 7 in 1958 and in 1966 with the HP 14.
> Not a Regional but the Nationals!!!
> But you guys are all too young to remember that!
>
> John F

Some of us are too young to remember it first hand, but we have read
about it. And have, in a way, lived it.

Steve Leonard
Current owner, Schreder HP-14, Serial Number 1.

glen
May 21st 12, 05:45 PM
On May 21, 11:14*am, Steve Leonard > wrote:
> On May 21, 8:02*am, John *Firth > wrote:
>

> > Not incredible or even a first!
>
> > Dick Schreder did it with the HP 7 in 1958 and in 1966 with the HP 14.
> > Not a Regional but the Nationals!!!
> > But you guys are all too young to remember that!
>
> > John F
>
> Some of us are too young to remember it first hand, but we have read
> about it. *And have, in a way, lived it.
>
> Steve Leonard
> Current owner, Schreder HP-14, Serial Number 1.

It’s not the arrow, It’s the Indian!!!

Sean Fidler (F2)
May 21st 12, 06:45 PM
Agreed. Im not writing any checks until it wins the worlds ;-). lol!

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:56:47 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
> On May 20, 11:23*pm, Tony > wrote:
> > Frank's reports on Soaring Cafe seem to indicate that from a purely subjective standpoint while flying with the Duckhawk it is right with the Ventus 2's and ASW-27/29-15's.
>
> Note that the Duckhawk is designed for better high speed
> performance... A lot of guys flying around dry or partial water isn't
> a great comparison. Wait to see it out west... then we'll know.
>
> 2C

May 21st 12, 06:54 PM
Well if Frank said he doesn't fit then I dobut I can...

JP

Tony[_5_]
May 22nd 12, 02:37 PM
Well the score summary is up on the SSA website, so they must not be flying today. Congrats to Chip and the Duckhawk team for taking home the trophy.

Sean Fidler (F2)
May 23rd 12, 02:23 AM
Congrats Chip and Duckhawk crowd!!!

Google