PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Licence

Chris
November 29th 03, 12:34 AM
Is it true 50 hours of simulator time can be counted toward your commercial
licence under part 61? If so can you tell me where to find it in the FAR's?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

ArtP
November 29th 03, 12:54 AM
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:34:18 -0500, "Chris" >
wrote:

>Is it true 50 hours of simulator time can be counted toward your commercial
>licence under part 61? If so can you tell me where to find it in the FAR's?

No. That is why you can't find it.

Peter Duniho
November 29th 03, 12:58 AM
"Chris" > wrote in message
> Is it true 50 hours of simulator time can be counted toward your
commercial
> licence under part 61? If so can you tell me where to find it in the
FAR's?

"Certificate" not "license". It is true, for airplane or powered-lift.

You can find this allowance (and the various restrictions to it) in Part 61
along with all of the other certification requirements.

Bill Zaleski
November 29th 03, 01:12 AM
Yes, Chris, it IS true. I have such a flight trianing device. It
must, however, be approved by your local FSDO with a letter of
authorization. FAR 61.129(i) is the reference. Come to New York and
fly mine for 50 Hours!

wrote:

>Is it true 50 hours of simulator time can be counted toward your commercial
>licence under part 61? If so can you tell me where to find it in the FAR's?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Chris

Google