PDA

View Full Version : Poly Dope Question

Michael
January 28th 04, 07:44 PM
Wanting to spray two fabric covered wings. The fabric is very good still.
Silver dope all over from little repairs. Rebuilt airplane - one wing Stitts,
one Ceconite.

To the question: Is there indeed a plyurathane (or some other) dope that can be
sprayed and adhere to both types of wing covering, just to get us to a complete
recovering next season?

Thanks in advance for any product recommendations, ideas and experiences.

Michael
Michael
www.northwestsoaring.com

Steve Beaver
January 28th 04, 08:24 PM
Since Plyfiber now own the Ceconite process, they can no doubt advise you
through thier excellent website, http://www.polyfiber.com/ I'll bet they
will tell you their Aerothane product is what you need.

Aircraft Technical Support is another excellent resource.
www.aircrafttechsupport.com

"Michael" > wrote in message
> Wanting to spray two fabric covered wings. The fabric is very good still.
> Silver dope all over from little repairs. Rebuilt airplane - one wing
Stitts,
> one Ceconite.
>
> To the question: Is there indeed a plyurathane (or some other) dope that
can be
> sprayed and adhere to both types of wing covering, just to get us to a
complete
> recovering next season?
>
> Thanks in advance for any product recommendations, ideas and experiences.
>
> Michael
> Michael
> www.northwestsoaring.com

Stealth Pilot
January 29th 04, 04:30 AM
On 28 Jan 2004 19:44:29 GMT, (Michael) wrote:

>Wanting to spray two fabric covered wings. The fabric is very good still.
>Silver dope all over from little repairs. Rebuilt airplane - one wing Stitts,
>one Ceconite.
>
>To the question: Is there indeed a plyurathane (or some other) dope that can be
>sprayed and adhere to both types of wing covering, just to get us to a complete
>recovering next season?
>
>Thanks in advance for any product recommendations, ideas and experiences.
>
>Michael
>Michael
>www.northwestsoaring.com

on the stits wing, if you use polytone paint it is infinitely
repairable.
you can wipe it back with MEK and build up the finish again.
spray it with polytone and it will continue to be infinitely
repairable. ...and non flamable.

ceconite I have horrors about. have seen large areas of the finish
just peel off with about the adhesion of a 3m post it note.
....and it remains combustible for life.

if it was my plane they'd both be covered in stits with polytone final
paint. it is a brilliant system for covering aircraft.

get the manuals from Polyfiber. they explain it all.
Stealth Pilot
Australia

Richard Lamb
January 29th 04, 07:10 AM
Stealth Pilot wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2004 19:44:29 GMT, (Michael) wrote:
>
> >Wanting to spray two fabric covered wings. The fabric is very good still.
> >Silver dope all over from little repairs. Rebuilt airplane - one wing Stitts,
> >one Ceconite.
> >
> >To the question: Is there indeed a plyurathane (or some other) dope that can be
> >sprayed and adhere to both types of wing covering, just to get us to a complete
> >recovering next season?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any product recommendations, ideas and experiences.
> >
> >Michael
> >Michael
> >www.northwestsoaring.com
>
> on the stits wing, if you use polytone paint it is infinitely
> repairable.
> you can wipe it back with MEK and build up the finish again.
> spray it with polytone and it will continue to be infinitely
> repairable. ...and non flamable.
>
> ceconite I have horrors about. have seen large areas of the finish
> just peel off with about the adhesion of a 3m post it note.
> ...and it remains combustible for life.
>
> if it was my plane they'd both be covered in stits with polytone final
> paint. it is a brilliant system for covering aircraft.
>
> get the manuals from Polyfiber. they explain it all.
> Stealth Pilot
> Australia

100% agreed.

Richard