PDA

View Full Version : UK2 VS610 Percival PrenticeT1 1994 PTaskerPhoto.jpg

Joseph Testagrose
June 27th 12, 11:47 AM

Netko
June 27th 12, 04:10 PM
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:47:23 +0100, Joseph Testagrose wrote
(in article >):

What's the aircraft to the left of the Auster - the twin-tailed job?

I thought at first it was a Cygnet but it's obviously not that.

Ramsman
June 27th 12, 04:42 PM
On 27/06/2012 16:10, Netko wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:47:23 +0100, Joseph Testagrose wrote
> (in article >):
>
> What's the aircraft to the left of the Auster - the twin-tailed job?
>
> I thought at first it was a Cygnet but it's obviously not that.

It had n]me fooled at first. It thought it was twin tails, then two
aircraft, but it's actually a Miles Messenger. Plenty of photos on
Google Images, showing the flash on the outer fins and the Union Flag on
the centre one.

--
Peter

Netko
June 27th 12, 08:21 PM
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:42:39 +0100, Ramsman wrote
(in article >):

> It had n]me fooled at first. It thought it was twin tails, then two
> aircraft, but it's actually a Miles Messenger. Plenty of photos on
> Google Images, showing the flash on the outer fins and the Union Flag on
> the centre one.

Good catch - I hadn't considered that it had three tails but, now you say it,
it's clearly a Messenger.

Out of interest, I checked and found there are still 8 Messengers on the UK's
active register plus one in the land of the long white cloud. That's nearly
10% of the original production run still flying - not bad for a fairly
obscure design 60-70 years on.

Google