PDA

View Full Version : Sad to report:

Walt Connelly
July 20th 12, 12:29 PM
For those of you who have not heard: Wiley Carlton, a well known and highly respected tow pilot has been killed in a motor vehicle accident in the Outer Banks of the Carolinas. Wiley had been working towing hang gliders at the time but had towed extensively at Seminole Lake Glider Port in Clermont, Florida for years.

Wiley towed me on my first glider lesson, my first solo and my commercial check ride. He was rock solid, dependable, highly skilled and he will be sorely missed.

Fly on Wiley.

Walt

C2
July 20th 12, 11:21 PM
This is sad

On Friday, July 20, 2012 6:29:22 AM UTC-5, Walt Connelly wrote:
> For those of you who have not heard: Wiley Carlton, a well known and
> highly respected tow pilot has been killed in a motor vehicle accident
> in the Outer Banks of the Carolinas. Wiley had been working towing hang
> gliders at the time but had towed extensively at Seminole Lake Glider
> Port in Clermont, Florida for years.
>
> Wiley towed me on my first glider lesson, my first solo and my
> commercial check ride. He was rock solid, dependable, highly skilled
> and he will be sorely missed.
>
> Fly on Wiley.
>
> Walt
>

> This is sad news indeed. Wiley towed me up behind the Dragonfly in my early hanggliding years. Very talented guy.

glen
July 21st 12, 03:51 AM
On Friday, July 20, 2012 5:29:22 AM UTC-6, Walt Connelly wrote:
> For those of you who have not heard: Wiley Carlton, a well known and
> highly respected tow pilot has been killed in a motor vehicle accident
> in the Outer Banks of the Carolinas. Wiley had been working towing hang
> gliders at the time but had towed extensively at Seminole Lake Glider
> Port in Clermont, Florida for years.
>
> Wiley towed me on my first glider lesson, my first solo and my
> commercial check ride. He was rock solid, dependable, highly skilled
> and he will be sorely missed.
>
> Fly on Wiley.
>
> Walt
>

> --