View Full Version : 737-400 (Fisheye) - "N980ST Fisheye 1.jpg" yEnc (1/2)

Glen in Orlando[_3_]
July 22nd 12, 05:43 PM

Steve Barker
July 22nd 12, 06:21 PM
Why not dump the YANK and the multipart posts so we can see the photos?

Savageduck[_3_]
July 22nd 12, 07:32 PM
On 2012-07-22 10:21:49 -0700, Steve Barker > said:

> Why not dump the YANK and the multipart posts so we can see the photos?

Why not get yourself a decent Usenet client?

Since you are not using a decent Usenet client, the yEnc is your
problem not Glen's, and he is not using multipart posts. The files were
just too damn big. I think he understands that now.

Just because an individual takes the trouble to post images he cares to
share using a modern Usenet client, does not mean he has to meet the
demands of all who have not bothered to take the trouble to do that.
Just be thankful that Glen and others continue to post their images,
regardless of method. Viewing them is our problem not theirs.
Personally I have no problem with yEnc encoding, the unnecessarily
large file sizes are another issue.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Steve Barker
July 22nd 12, 08:59 PM
On 7/22/2012 1:32 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-07-22 10:21:49 -0700, Steve Barker >
> said:
>
>> Why not dump the YANK and the multipart posts so we can see the photos?
>
> Why not get yourself a decent Usenet client?
>
> Since you are not using a decent Usenet client, the yEnc is your problem
> not Glen's, and he is not using multipart posts. The files were just too
> damn big. I think he understands that now.
>
> Just because an individual takes the trouble to post images he cares to
> share using a modern Usenet client, does not mean he has to meet the
> demands of all who have not bothered to take the trouble to do that.
> Just be thankful that Glen and others continue to post their images,
> regardless of method. Viewing them is our problem not theirs. Personally
> I have no problem with yEnc encoding, the unnecessarily large file sizes
> are another issue.

my "usenet client" works just fine as long as people follow the standard
procedures. If i wanted to look at YANK (me) postings, i'd open Agent
and fight with it.
thanks for your input, as useless as it was.

--
Steve Barker

Google