PDA

View Full Version : Google N Number search

III
December 15th 03, 10:11 PM
I just learned that one can type the N-Number of an airplane into
Google, then click search. At the top of the results list there will a
"Search FAA database" link. Click that, and the FAA registration info
turns up. It takes less time than it took me to write this message.

Maybe that's old news, but it's news to me.

BTIZ
December 16th 03, 12:26 AM
old news... some people go straight to the FAA database.. some get to it
through a link at www.landings.com and other places..

BT

"III" > wrote in message
om...
> I just learned that one can type the N-Number of an airplane into
> Google, then click search. At the top of the results list there will a
> "Search FAA database" link. Click that, and the FAA registration info
> turns up. It takes less time than it took me to write this message.
>
> Maybe that's old news, but it's news to me.

Sven
December 16th 03, 04:25 AM
Have you tried putting your phone number into Google???

"III" > wrote in message
om...
> I just learned that one can type the N-Number of an airplane into
> Google, then click search. At the top of the results list there will a
> "Search FAA database" link. Click that, and the FAA registration info
> turns up. It takes less time than it took me to write this message.
>
> Maybe that's old news, but it's news to me.

Chuck
December 16th 03, 06:14 PM
So... what happens? Nothing for me.

"Sven" > wrote in message
> Have you tried putting your phone number into Google???

Gig Giacona
December 16th 03, 07:36 PM
Put in the N# "N601WR" (don't forget to add the N) and when the search comes
back there is a link at the top of the page to the FAA database page for
that number.

"Chuck" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> So... what happens? Nothing for me.
>

> "Sven" > wrote in message
> > Have you tried putting your phone number into Google???

Chuck
December 16th 03, 07:43 PM
Yes... I know that, but the previous posted mentioned putting your phone
number into Google.

I tried it and nothing happened...

"Gig Giacona" > wrote in message
> Put in the N# "N601WR" (don't forget to add the N) and when the search
comes
> back there is a link at the top of the page to the FAA database page for
> that number.
>

> "Chuck" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > So... what happens? Nothing for me.
> >

> > "Sven" > wrote in message
> > > Have you tried putting your phone number into Google???

Jim Fisher
December 16th 03, 08:21 PM
"Chuck" > wrote in message

> So... what happens? Nothing for me.

Oh yeah? You would not believe what I dug up about you, Chuck, when I
Googled on "Chuck."

Pervert.

--
Jim Fisher

Gig Giacona
December 16th 03, 09:58 PM
Sorry, that's what happens when you don't quote.

Go to http://www.google.com/help/features.html for a complete rundown on
Googling features.

"Chuck" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Yes... I know that, but the previous posted mentioned putting your phone
> number into Google.
>
> I tried it and nothing happened...
>

> "Gig Giacona" > wrote in message
> > Put in the N# "N601WR" (don't forget to add the N) and when the search
> comes
> > back there is a link at the top of the page to the FAA database page for
> > that number.
> >

> > "Chuck" > wrote in message
> > nk.net...
> > > So... what happens? Nothing for me.
> > >

> > > "Sven" > wrote in message

Robert M. Gary
December 16th 03, 11:37 PM
"Chuck" > wrote in message >...
> Yes... I know that, but the previous posted mentioned putting your phone
> number into Google.
>
> I tried it and nothing happened...

My name and home address came up.

Chuck
December 17th 03, 12:01 AM
"Jim Fisher" > wrote in message
> "Chuck" > wrote in message
>
> > So... what happens? Nothing for me.
>
> Oh yeah? You would not believe what I dug up about you, Chuck, when I
> Googled on "Chuck."
>
> Pervert.
>
> --
> Jim Fisher

Are you saying that bring a pervert is bad? haha

David Dyer-Bennet
December 17th 03, 05:35 AM
"Sven" > writes:

> Have you tried putting your phone number into Google???

I'm annoyed; for some reason mine doesn't work. It's listed in my
name, has been since I got it in 1995. I do get lots of hits on my
number in various web pages and newsletter articles, but not the
reverse phone number lookup it's supposed to offer. Since it's an
ordinary listed number through the basic wireline carrier for the
area, nothing the slightest bit unusual, I don't see why they don't
have it.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, >, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Dragaera/Steven Brust: <dragaera.info/>

David Johnson
December 18th 03, 01:41 AM
Tried a Google search on my "N" Number. Didn't get a link to the
FAA Registration Database (though I've found it there in the past),
but did get a link to an incident report involving my plane (in
1964!). This confirms log entries, and adds date and time info.
Otherwise, it was no surprise.

A phone number search drew a blank (number is unlisted)

David Dyer-Bennet
December 19th 03, 06:08 AM
Tom Fleischman > writes:

> In article >, David Dyer-Bennet
> > wrote:
>
>> "Sven" > writes:
>>
>> > Have you tried putting your phone number into Google???
>>
>> I'm annoyed; for some reason mine doesn't work. It's listed in my
>> name, has been since I got it in 1995. I do get lots of hits on my
>> number in various web pages and newsletter articles, but not the
>> reverse phone number lookup it's supposed to offer. Since it's an
>> ordinary listed number through the basic wireline carrier for the
>> area, nothing the slightest bit unusual, I don't see why they don't
>> have it.
>
> I don't think that this is something one would normally WANT to have
> work. In fact, I can remember several years ago there was an email or
> usenet post going around explaining how one could get one's full name
> and address REMOVED from the Google phone lookup.

Well, I, personally, never give out my phone number with the intention
of keeping my identity secret. Besides, all that stuff is easily
determinable from my web domain names, anyway (whois lookup).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, >, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Dragaera/Steven Brust: <dragaera.info/>

Google