PDA

View Full Version : Water Ballast Tripod

July 28th 12, 01:26 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking at building a tripod-type stand to hang water jugs from to make filling my glider with water ballast a little bit easier. Just curious if there is anyone out there that has something similar already built. If so, I was hoping you could send me some pictures of your setup in order to give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jay

soartech[_2_]
July 30th 12, 05:48 PM
On Jul 28, 8:26*am, wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking at building a tripod-type stand to hang water jugs from to make filling my glider with water ballast a little bit easier. Just curious if there is anyone out there that has something similar already built. If so, I was hoping you could send me some pictures of your setup in order to give me some ideas.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Jay

I just saw someone who had a very sturdy tripod with adjustable height
and he told me it is drummer's cymbal stand and
you can get them reasonably priced on eBay. He added a pivoting,
padded top to make a nice wing stand.

Dan Marotta
July 31st 12, 03:15 PM
I'd say that speaker stands look more robust.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Professional-Speaker-Stands-Tripod-Heavy-Duty-NEW-/150619107007?pt=US_Speaker_Mounts_Stands&hash=item2311992ebf

"soartech" > wrote in message
On Jul 28, 8:26 am, wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking at building a tripod-type stand to hang water jugs from to
> make filling my glider with water ballast a little bit easier. Just
> curious if there is anyone out there that has something similar already
> built. If so, I was hoping you could send me some pictures of your setup
> in order to give me some ideas.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Jay

I just saw someone who had a very sturdy tripod with adjustable height
and he told me it is drummer's cymbal stand and
you can get them reasonably priced on eBay. He added a pivoting,
padded top to make a nice wing stand.

soartech[_2_]
July 31st 12, 05:43 PM
On Jul 31, 10:15*am, "Dan Marotta" > wrote:
> I'd say that speaker stands look more robust.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Professional-Speaker-Stands-Tripod-Heavy...

Jay, Yes that is exactly the ones he had. $45 and free shipping for
two! Nice.
If you only need one, I'll buy the other.

Google