PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta FSDO and operational limitations for experimental(exhibition/air racing) sailplanes

August 6th 12, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have experience with buying a used sailplane and getting a new special airworthiness certificate and operational limitations letter from the Atlanta FSDO? If so i would appreciate a chance to talk with you and/or get a copy of the operational limitations you were issued. You can call me (706 348-1617) or email ).

Many thanks,

Key

kammeyer
August 10th 12, 11:50 AM
Perhaps this is obvious, but they should be issuing them based on this:

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/orders_notices/index.cfm/go/document.information/documentID/324850

It's really a paint-by-numbers system, and while they do have discretion, they should generally just issue the exact language and sections specified in that document.

-Dave

On Monday, August 6, 2012 10:17:24 PM UTC+2, wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with buying a used sailplane and getting a new special airworthiness certificate and operational limitations letter from the Atlanta FSDO? If so i would appreciate a chance to talk with you and/or get a copy of the operational limitations you were issued. You can call me (706 348-1617) or email ).
>

> Many thanks,
>

> Key

Google