PDA

View Full Version : High Desert Storage

Course Correction
August 19th 12, 12:17 AM
Hey everyone,im new to this site, and like everyone here im a pilot (CFII) but what i wanted to start a thread on is something that my family owns. My family currently owns 400 acres next to a paved public airport (which they also own) and a large steel building/hanger in the Sierra Nevada Mountains (close to a major city) Not wanting to type alot.. Id like thoughts on if anyone could give some business input or thoughts on turning this into a facility for degraded, un-flying, flying, abandoned, etc type of aircraft..
feel free to email me your thoughts.

Lubow[_2_]
August 19th 12, 04:14 AM
"Course Correction" > wrote in
message . ..

> Hey everyone,im new to this site, and like everyone here im a pilot
> (CFII) but what i wanted to start a thread on is something that my
> family owns. My family currently owns 400 acres next to a paved public
> airport (which they also own) and a large steel building/hanger in the
> Sierra Nevada Mountains (close to a major city) Not wanting to type
> alot.. Id like thoughts on if anyone could give some business input or
> thoughts on turning this into a facility for degraded, un-flying,
> flying, abandoned, etc type of aircraft..
> feel free to email me your thoughts.

What's the annual precipitation? Having bought a plane that was stored in
Florida, I became an expert in corrosion.

Bottom line:
If the plane is stored in a region with low precipitation and a low
incidence of hail, you have a good place for an aviation graveyard.

Bug Dout
August 20th 12, 08:44 PM
Course Correction > writes:

> in the
> Sierra Nevada Mountains (close to a major city)

Hmmm....no "major" cities in the Sierras that I'm aware of. You mean
Reno, or maybe South Lake Tahoe? Reno is pretty dry, right?

--
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
potatoes.

Google