PDA

View Full Version : L-33 Tailcone Damage - How to repair?

gpaulin
August 20th 12, 05:20 PM
Hi all,
One of our club's Blanik L-33 Solos has a damaged tailcone due to a hard landing. The tailcone is creased on both sides at the point below the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer. I've heard this ship is prone to this type of damage. If anyone has had experience with the damage and methods of approved repair please get in touch. Thanks

Gary Paulin -

95PM
August 20th 12, 10:20 PM
On Monday, August 20, 2012 12:20:24 PM UTC-4, gpaulin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One of our club's Blanik L-33 Solos has a damaged tailcone due to a hard
>
> landing. The tailcone is creased on both sides at the point below the
>
> leading edge of the vertical stabilizer. I've heard this ship is prone
>
> to this type of damage. If anyone has had experience with the damage
>
> and methods of approved repair please get in touch. Thanks
>
>
>
> Gary Paulin -
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> gpaulin

One of our club members in the Tampa Bay Soaring Association (FL) purchased and repaired an L33, whit the same damage. You could contact him. I would need your email address or phone number.

Peter

August 21st 12, 01:20 PM
My club has had to perform this repair on our L-33 and a nearby commercial operation had to do the same thing a few years before us. In both cases the tail cone was replaced with a new one. An attempt was made to repair the damaged part of the commercial operation's ship but it was ultimately unsuccessful and they had to bite the bullet and pay for a replacement cone from the factory.

gpaulin
August 24th 12, 01:39 AM
[QUOTE....

One of our club members in the Tampa Bay Soaring Association (FL) purchased and repaired an L33, whit the same damage. You could contact him. I would need your email address or phone number.

Peter[/QUOTE]

I can be reached at 206.850.8559

Gary

Google