PDA

View Full Version : Resin INfusion: Better than Vacuum Bagging

Steve G
February 2nd 04, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I posted a while back mentioning the resin infusion process that I am using
to build my catamaran sailboat. It seemed like there was a fair amount of
cross post interest here in this news group, so I am posting to say that I a
have updated my website http://home.houston.rr.com/pieceofwork/ . It
shows my latest fiberglass part made ( a 20' x 72" semicircle) similar to a
very large leading edge, which I wetted out while the dry reinforcements
were inside the vacuum bag. The time to wet all this fabric out was only
about 30 minutes. It would have taken me hours to do it and then vacuum bag
it the old fashioned way. The finish turned out perfect to boot!

Take a look.

Steve
Houston, Texas

Google