PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mifflin County Soaring Wave/ Ridge Encampent 9/26 thru 10/1

Tim Hanke
August 26th 12, 01:13 PM
Adirondack Soaring invites you to our 6th annual Mifflin Soaring Ridge &
Wave Encampment. Mifflin County is in Reedsville, PA and offers a nice
atmosphere with plenty of landable fields and a 1,600 ft AGL ridge that
runs 25 miles. This year’s event will be held from Wednesday, September
26th thru Monday, October 1st. In 2011, the event was a washout along with
several other contests and events throughout the country. In 2010, we were
fortunate to have a real good ridge/ wave day and some nice thermal
conditions. We had only 1 rain day throughout the entire period of this
event. There were 31 sailplanes that participated in the event. Some
stayed the entire week and others came just for the weekend. This event
allows clubs to gather and enjoy camaraderie through various social
events. We had various groups flying local flights, X-C flights, and some
contest racing. This event has grown and grown over the years! Please pass
this note on to others in your club that might be interested. We also plan
on having a BBQ this year under the pavilion at the airfield. Please
e-mail me if you plan on attending, as we would like to make sure we have
enough towplanes for the event.

There is a new clubhouse with bathrooms and a kitchen that the Mifflin
Soaring Association has constructed. We are all welcome to use the
facilities if we fill out the attached application and pay the monthly $25
fee for you and your family to use these beautiful facilities. Please find
application attached.

For those of you that are not interested in camping on the field, here are
some listings of some of the local motels:

Best Western: 5 Commerce Drive, Milroy, PA Ph: 717-667-9595
Quality Inn: 13015 Ferguson Valley Road, Burnham, PA Ph: 717-248-4961
Super 8: 12866 Ferguson Valley Road, Burnham, PA Ph: 717-242-8888

There are several other Bed and Breakfast locations in the area.

Some other Fees:

Mifflin County Airport:
Glider Trailer Parking $2.00 per day
Camping Fee $11.00 per day

Tows are being provided by Brian Glick/ Karl Streideck for the Mifflin Soaring Association.

Tow Costs:
1,500 ft $40
2,000 ft $45
2,500 ft $55
3,000 ft $60

If you are planning on attending please e-mail me at:

Tim Hanke
Operations/ Treasurer

Adirondack Soaring Association, Inc.
2017 Barrett Road