PDA

View Full Version : ASW27 tail wheel

pat
September 1st 12, 05:29 AM
Does anyone know where to get an extra heavy tail wheel to move the
Cof G rearwards?

Tim Taylor
September 1st 12, 08:28 AM
If in the US:

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page32.htm

joesimmers[_2_]
September 1st 12, 12:06 PM
John Murray also stocks them.

John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
September 4th 12, 03:13 AM
On Sep 1, 7:06*am, joesimmers > wrote:
> John Murray also stocks them.

I filled my tailwheel with foam. Added 2.4 lbs. Cost about $20 as I
recall.

John Cochrane[_3_]
September 4th 12, 03:15 AM
On Sep 3, 9:13*pm, "John Godfrey (QT)" > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 7:06*am, joesimmers > wrote:
>
> > John Murray also stocks them.
>
> I filled my tailwheel with foam. *Added 2.4 lbs. Cost about $20 as I
> recall.

Lead foam? I don't get it. Foam seems pretty light. What kind of
foam?
John Cochrane

Wayne Paul
September 4th 12, 04:47 AM
John,

I've filled a tail wheel with foam. It was done at a local truck tire shop.
The foam is rubber which is quite heavy. The 2 to 2.5 lb. weight increase
is correct for a standard glider wheel. The increase on the little Matco
WHLTW35 wheel I installed on my HP-14 was only 0.5 lbs.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Construction/Tail_Wheel/pages/DSCN2618.html

Wayne

"John Cochrane" wrote in message

On Sep 3, 9:13 pm, "John Godfrey (QT)" > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 7:06 am, joesimmers > wrote:
>
> > John Murray also stocks them.
>
> I filled my tailwheel with foam. Added 2.4 lbs. Cost about $20 as I
> recall.

Lead foam? I don't get it. Foam seems pretty light. What kind of
foam?
John Cochrane

September 10th 12, 03:46 PM
On Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:29:33 AM UTC-4, pat wrote:
> Does anyone know where to get an extra heavy tail wheel to move the
>
> Cof G rearwards?

I'm interested in a swap. I have a brass tail wheel and need a standard one. Send me the details on yours if you're interested. I'll look up the axle size on mine.

Juan

juanman at mac dot com

Google