PDA

View Full Version : Bellanca Scout towhook information required

September 1st 12, 11:48 PM
Our gliding club has just taken delivery of a new-to-us Bellanca Scout 8GCBC however it did not have a towhook installed.

Is there any info out there in the way of drawings, blueprints, photos or just good old advice which might be shared with us. Or is there an old towhook just sitting around that someone wishes to sell?

Thanks in advance
Mike Maskell
Winnipeg GLiding Club

Duster
September 2nd 12, 12:22 AM
On Sep 1, 5:48*pm, wrote:
> Our gliding club has just taken delivery of a new-to-us Bellanca Scout 8GCBC however it did not have a towhook installed.
>
> Is there any info out there in the way of drawings, blueprints, photos or just good old advice which might be shared with us. *Or is there an old towhook just sitting around that someone wishes to sell?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Mike Maskell
> Winnipeg GLiding Club

The Sandhill Soaring Club in Gregory, Michigan used to have a tow-
hooked Scout and might still. Find their contact info via ssa.org.

Brian[_1_]
September 4th 12, 03:32 AM
Simplest way, but perhaps not the cheapest, is call American Champion and order a factory tow hook for it. Then you are simply installing an original equipment option and should require only and A&P entry in the logbook for the paper work.

Brian

September 4th 12, 03:40 PM
On Monday, September 3, 2012 10:32:55 PM UTC-4, Brian wrote:
> Simplest way, but perhaps not the cheapest, is call American Champion and order a factory tow hook for it. Then you are simply installing an original equipment option and should require only and A&P entry in the logbook for the paper work. Brian

Still will need a 337 using factory installation information as required approved data.
UH

Steve Leonard[_2_]
September 4th 12, 07:55 PM
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:40:20 AM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:
>>Still will need a 337 using factory installation information as required >>approved data. UH

Maybe not, Hank. I know on some of the Cessna Singles, it is in the Illustarted Parts Catalog, and only requires a log book entry that the tow hook has been installed. The approved data is taken care of by virtue of it being an approved part to be installed on the airplane.

And, I think Canada has different forms you would submit. Note, the OP is in Winnipeg.

Google