PDA

View Full Version : Another Addition to the Rec.Aviation Rogue's Gallery

Jay Honeck
January 3rd 04, 11:25 PM
Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor, in the latest
version of our "Rogue's Gallery"!

(And we also get to see Karl Gruber's cool Cessna 185 on floats, since
that's what Bob is posing with. No sign of Karl himself yet, however! :-)

Want your plane posted in the gallery? Email me some pix and a short
narrative to , and I'll get 'em up!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Robert Moore
January 3rd 04, 11:44 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote
> Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
> aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor, in the
> latest version of our "Rogue's Gallery"!

Bummer!!! I have always imagined Bob as a young, handsome, intellectual
:-). No way do you get my picture!

The other Bob

Ben Jackson
January 3rd 04, 11:59 PM
In article >,
Robert Moore > wrote:
>"Jay Honeck" > wrote
>> Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
>
>Bummer!!! I have always imagined Bob as a young, handsome, intellectual
>:-). No way do you get my picture!

I just hope I still look as good as Bob when *I* turn 117.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Eduardo Kaftanski
January 4th 04, 12:55 AM
In article <ubIJb.733594$Tr4.1957620@attbi_s03>,
Jay Honeck > wrote:
>Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
>aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor, in the latest
>version of our "Rogue's Gallery"!

one small suggestion to your site.... I have a very small screen, and in
lots of places your site gets a line break where you don't want one...

for example, I see your phone number as:

Toll Free: 888-
9ALEXIS (888-925-3947) Local: 319 337
-8665 Fax: 319 351-4102

and the initials as

A - H I - P Q
- Z

Some of those can be fixed changing a normal space ' ' with a non-breakable
one, which your write in HTML as '&nbsp;'

I don't know it frontpage lets you use those. If it does not, you should
probably switch to something else :)

--
Eduardo Kaftanski |
| Freedom's just another word
http://e.nn.cl | for nothing left to loose.

Jay Honeck
January 4th 04, 01:30 AM
> I just hope I still look as good as Bob when *I* turn 117.

ROTFLMAO!

Although I probably shouldn't be laughing. Yesterday one of my tenants came
in to pay his rent. He's a young buck of 28, covered with numerous tattoos
but generally a pretty nice kid.

Somehow the subject of age came up, and I revealed to him that I was 45
years old.

In voice so genuine that it made me cringe, he responded "Wow! I'd NEVER
have believed that! I sure hope *I* can get around so well when I turn 45!"

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Bob Gardner
January 4th 04, 01:31 AM
I'm only old on the outside.

Bob

"Robert Moore" > wrote in message
. 7...
> "Jay Honeck" > wrote
> > Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
> > aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor, in the
> > latest version of our "Rogue's Gallery"!
>
> Bummer!!! I have always imagined Bob as a young, handsome, intellectual
> :-). No way do you get my picture!
>
> The other Bob

Jay Honeck
January 4th 04, 01:32 AM
> one small suggestion to your site.... I have a very small screen, and in
> lots of places your site gets a line break where you don't want one...

Argh! First I change the page so that it doesn't require any
side-scrolling.

Now you want me to change it so it doesn't "wrap" -- which will probably
necessitate side-scrolling for many!

I can't win... (Although the address/phone number on the left side of the
page shouldn't be breaking like that. I'll check that out ASAP -- thanks!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Tom Sixkiller
January 4th 04, 02:13 AM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > I just hope I still look as good as Bob when *I* turn 117.
>
> ROTFLMAO!
>
> Although I probably shouldn't be laughing. Yesterday one of my tenants
came
> in to pay his rent. He's a young buck of 28, covered with numerous
tattoos
> but generally a pretty nice kid.
>
> Somehow the subject of age came up, and I revealed to him that I was 45
> years old.
>
> In voice so genuine that it made me cringe, he responded "Wow! I'd NEVER
> have believed that! I sure hope *I* can get around so well when I turn
45!"

> :-(

You should have hit him with your walker.

Eduardo Kaftanski
January 4th 04, 02:35 AM
In article <a3KJb.51657$xX.289854@attbi_s02>,
Jay Honeck > wrote:

>I can't win... (Although the address/phone number on the left side of the
>page shouldn't be breaking like that. I'll check that out ASAP -- thanks!)

nobody never, ever finishes a web site :)

its just a fact of life...

--
Eduardo Kaftanski |
| Freedom's just another word
http://e.nn.cl | for nothing left to loose.

StellaStar
January 4th 04, 04:36 AM
The Other Bob sez...

>Bummer!!! I have always imagined Bob as a young, handsome, intellectual...

He is, dear. You must have a browser problem :-)

Greg Burkhart
January 4th 04, 05:05 AM
"Tom Sixkiller" > wrote in message
> > In voice so genuine that it made me cringe, he responded "Wow! I'd
NEVER
> > have believed that! I sure hope *I* can get around so well when I turn
> 45!"
> >
> > :-(
>
> You should have hit him with your walker.

Nah, just turn off your hearing aid so you don't hear those comments...

Jay Honeck
January 4th 04, 04:50 PM
> for example, I see your phone number as:
>
> Toll Free: 888-
> 9ALEXIS (888-925-3947) Local: 319 337
> -8665 Fax: 319 351-4102

Should be fixed now.

How's it look (on the left side of the page) to you now?
www.AlexisParkInn.com

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

G.R. Patterson III
January 4th 04, 07:46 PM
Bob Gardner wrote:

> I'm only old on the outside.

Various parts of my internal plumbing keep reminding me that that the inside is
getting up in years too.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

Eduardo Kaftanski
January 4th 04, 09:08 PM
In article <jvXJb.746012$Fm2.674184@attbi_s04>,
Jay Honeck > wrote:
>> for example, I see your phone number as:
>>
>> Toll Free: 888-
>> 9ALEXIS (888-925-3947) Local: 319 337
>> -8665 Fax: 319 351-4102
>
>Should be fixed now.
>
>How's it look (on the left side of the page) to you now?
>www.AlexisParkInn.com

perfect! :)))

--
Eduardo Kaftanski |
| "World domination, now"
http://e.nn.cl | Linus Torvalds

Holger Stephan
January 5th 04, 01:03 AM
Michael Nouak wrote:
> Note that (just in case you didn't know) "Freiherr" is not one of his
> first names, it's a title of nobility. The "von" in his surname also
> points to that ancestry. Freiherr I think is actually a lesser title than
> Baron, but I'm no expert in these matters so I could be wrong.

"Freiherr" and "Baron" are pretty much the same title. Depending on the
region the one or the other title, or a combination thereof, was/is used.
The title had lost much of its political weight before Richthofen inherited
it.

- Holger

Jay Honeck
January 5th 04, 01:16 AM
> Now, that said: If you're gonna have a suite named after the Red Baron, I
> think you wanna make sure you spell his name right:
>
> Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen

You know, I've seen his name written ten different ways!

I'll make the change...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
January 5th 04, 01:17 AM
> >How's it look (on the left side of the page) to you now?
> >www.AlexisParkInn.com
>
> perfect! :)))

Thanks, Eduardo. If anything else looks "goofy", please let me know.

I check these things on three different computers, but someone always seems
to have a different set up than I do...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

G.R. Patterson III
January 5th 04, 04:32 AM
Jay Honeck wrote:

> You know, I've seen his name written ten different ways!

Well, if you pick up his autobiography, you can be pretty sure of the facts.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

Google