PDA

View Full Version : FLARMnet file update

Andy[_1_]
September 4th 12, 02:53 PM
Several PowerFLARM purchasers have wondered about the frequency with
which the FLARMnet file is updated and why the number of records in
the Butterfly FLARMnet file has not changed recently.

The good news is that FLARMnet folks are responsive to questions. The
bad news is that you won't like the answer.

> 1. How often is the flarmnet file updated? I registered a while ago and
> see no changes in the downloaded file. (the number of records did not
> change)

"The FlarmNet File is updated every night at 1 am. However the number
of registered flarms in the database has exceeded the number of
records which can be stored in a butterfly display. That's the reason,
why the number doesn't change at the moment. We are working on a
solution for this at the moment."

I followed up by suggesting that users should be allowed to select a
subset of records based on the region of interest. However that's
such an obvious solution there may be reasons, such as the records
structure, that can't be done easily.

Andy GY

Andy[_1_]
September 25th 12, 06:59 PM
A USA only version of the flarmnet file is now available. I loaded it with no problem and my brick flarm signal is correctly identified with my contest number and other details. ( For this test the butterly display was connected to a portable and the portable was receiving the brick signal).

Andy (GY)

Google