PDA

View Full Version : FAA Actually being helpful!

Steve Leonard[_2_]
September 12th 12, 07:55 PM
Was just browsing the FAA Registry and noticed they have made a change. They have actually added some useful information for those that have a Mode S Transponder. They now show your Mode S code in both hex and octal.

September 12th 12, 08:04 PM
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:55:55 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
> Was just browsing the FAA Registry and noticed they have made a change. They have actually added some useful information for those that have a Mode S Transponder. They now show your Mode S code in both hex and octal.

Amazing!!
Cheers
101000001111000100011101
There are 10 kinds of people.....

Dave Nadler
September 12th 12, 08:19 PM
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:55:55 PM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
> Was just browsing the FAA Registry and noticed they have made a change. They have actually added some useful information for those that have a Mode S Transponder. They now show your Mode S code in both hex and octal.

Amazing ! We have now entered the 1980s...

Todd
September 15th 12, 02:57 PM
But all my computers are 64 bit. So do I just multiply the Mode S hex code by 4 (0100 or 0x04 ) to enter it or is there some special DOS Compatibility Mode I need to change to for code entry. After that is done, how do I download the Mode S database into my FLAIRM so I can properly identify the glider I am leaching off of.

Google