PDA

View Full Version : For Sale PowerFLARM Portable (USA)

Andy[_1_]
September 17th 12, 12:28 AM
I purchased this unit, serial 001287, together with a PowerFLARM Core
and external display, from Craggy Aero as part of an Arizona Soaring
Association group purchase. The unit was received August 2012.
After comparing the two systems I have decided to continue to use my
Zaon PCAS in my airplane and I do not need the portable. The unit is
unused except for brief comparison testing at my home. It has never
been installed, or used, in an aircraft. Unit is complete with all
original packing materials, accessories, and documentation. Version
is 2.40, build 4100, hardware 2.4. Asking price $1,350. You pay
insured shipping.

Disclosure- This unit was received damaged from the dealer. The FLARM
A antenna connector and the SMA gender changer were severely
misaligned. The unit was returned to the dealer with a request to
replace it with a new undamaged unit. Instead of replacing the unit,
the dealer sent it to the US PowerFLARM service center where it was
inspected and repaired. The details of the repair are as follows:
The unit was opened and inspected. It was determined that the damage
had been caused by the unit being dropped. The circuit card was
determined to be undamaged but the SMA connecter was bent. The SMA
connector was removed, the tabs were straightened, and the connector
was replaced on the circuit card. Despite my insistence that bending
the connector straight and re-using it was not a proper repair, I was
assured many times that the unit was “as new”. My repeated requests
to have the unit replaced by a new one were rejected. Although the
unit was “as new” the dealer declined my request to return it for a
full refund. – End of disclosure.

Send private email to make an offer, or to request more information.

Andy

Google