PDA

View Full Version : When you thought it couldn't get worse....

Casey Wilson
January 9th 04, 06:03 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
816.story

(I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
them)

Steven P. McNicoll
January 9th 04, 06:14 PM
"Casey Wilson" > wrote in message

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
> 816.story
>
> (I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
> them)

http://makeashorterlink.com/index.php

Aardvark
January 9th 04, 06:18 PM
Casey Wilson wrote:

> http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
> 816.story
>
> (I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
> them)

goto http://makeashorterlink.com

Here is a shorter link :)
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B18F15307

"The story you requested is available only to registered members."
So sad they DON'T want people looking at thier website:(

C J Campbell
January 9th 04, 06:42 PM
It apparently requires that you be registered to use this link.

"Casey Wilson" > wrote in message

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
| 816.story
|
| (I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
| them)

Orval Fairbairn
January 9th 04, 06:42 PM
In article >,
"Casey Wilson" > wrote:

> http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
> 816.story
>
> (I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
> them)

We have to register with the LA Times to read the column.

Wdtabor
January 9th 04, 07:05 PM
In article >, "Casey Wilson"
> writes:

>http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
>816.story
>
>(I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
>them)

For the benefit of those of us who choose not to have cookies placed on our
computers by left wing publishers, could you tell us the gist of this?

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL

Steven P. McNicoll
January 9th 04, 07:10 PM
"C J Campbell" > wrote in message

> It apparently requires that you be registered to use this link.

Registration is free.

Wdtabor
January 9th 04, 07:41 PM
In article >, "Steven P.
McNicoll" > writes:

>"C J Campbell" > wrote in message
>>
>> It apparently requires that you be registered to use this link.
>>

>Registration is free.

Yeah, all you have to do is allow them to place spyware on your computer to
report your web browsing habits back to them.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL

Dennis O'Connor
January 9th 04, 09:24 PM
Get AdAware (free) and flush em out...

"Wdtabor" > wrote in > Yeah, all you have to do is
allow them to place spyware on your computer to
> report your web browsing habits back to them.

Casey Wilson
January 9th 04, 09:45 PM
"Wdtabor" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Casey Wilson"
> > writes:
>

>http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,520
8
> >816.story
> >
> >(I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
> >them)
>
> For the benefit of those of us who choose not to have cookies placed on
our
> computers by left wing publishers, could you tell us the gist of this?
>
> Don

The omnipotent TSA is banning standing in line at public toilets in
airports.

Roger Halstead
January 9th 04, 11:31 PM
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:42:06 -0800, "C J Campbell"
> wrote:

>It apparently requires that you be registered to use this link.
>
>"Casey Wilson" > wrote in message
>|
>http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
>| 816.story
>|
>| (I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
>| them)
Registration is free and you can use a disposable address. They send
you the activation code, you activate and the discard the address.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Roger Halstead
January 9th 04, 11:34 PM
On 09 Jan 2004 19:05:54 GMT, (Wdtabor) wrote:

>In article >, "Casey Wilson"
> writes:
>
>>http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
>>816.story
>>
>>(I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
>>them)
>
>For the benefit of those of us who choose not to have cookies placed on our
>computers by left wing publishers, could you tell us the gist of this?

Basically they (The TSA/Homeland Security) don't want us queueing up
to take a pee on the airliners.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

>Don

john smith
January 9th 04, 11:41 PM
> Basically they (The TSA/Homeland Security) don't want us queueing up
> to take a pee on the airliners.

Or... how to find out who the skymarshall is.

C J Campbell
January 10th 04, 01:13 AM
Of course, us GA types never stand up in the plane anyway. :-)

Line? What line? Restrooms are located at each end of the flight.

Morgans
January 10th 04, 03:17 AM
"Roger Halstead" > wrote in message

> Registration is free and you can use a disposable address. They send
> you the activation code, you activate and the discard the address.
>
> Roger Halstead (K8RI & ARRL life member)

Are you saying there is no spyware involved? I make it a rule to never use
anything that involves registering, and cleanse for spyware at least weekly.
--
Jim in NC

Rob Perkins
January 10th 04, 03:20 AM
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:03:14 GMT, "Casey Wilson" >
wrote:

>http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-morrison9jan09,1,5208
>816.story
>
>(I apologize for the link length...I haven't figured out how to shorten
>them)

When you do could you find out why the LA Times wants my mailing
address and home phone number in order to see what turned out to be a
disappointing little screed?

Rob

Rob Perkins
January 10th 04, 03:21 AM
On 09 Jan 2004 19:41:02 GMT, (Wdtabor) wrote:

>Yeah, all you have to do is allow them to place spyware on your computer to
>report your web browsing habits back to them.

Was that supposed to have happened? I dunno, I just gave them an old
address and a phone number from the distant and receding past. Maybe
my Proxomitron blocker did the spyware in...

Rob

BTIZ
January 10th 04, 05:47 AM
free to be added to spam list.. I get enough of that already..

BT

"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
.net...

> "C J Campbell" > wrote in message
> >
> > It apparently requires that you be registered to use this link.
> >

> Registration is free.

G.R. Patterson III
January 10th 04, 08:04 PM
Rob Perkins wrote:

> When you do could you find out why the LA Times wants my mailing
> address and home phone number in order to see what turned out to be a
> disappointing little screed?

They probably intend to use the information to sell advertising.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

Google