PDA

View Full Version : More GPS's HeadSets and Radios Forsale - MAKE OFFERS

George
January 11th 04, 02:07 PM
Hi
Here's an update to my last posting of items I have forsale from the
"going out of business" sale of a local FBO.

Also I've added a few extra item which I just picked up from them,
again all items are NEW in the box with original manufacture
warranty/registration cards. All prices INCLUDE shipping to US
addresses.

-- Headsets --
David Clark H10-60 Coiled Cable -- $245.00 (I have 2)
David Clark H10-13.4 -- $225.00 (I have 4)
Telex Stratus 50-D ANR -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 2)

-- HandHeld Radios --
Sporty's SP200 Nav/Com -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 4)
Sporty's AirScanner SP-125 -- $100.00 (I have 3)
Icom IC-A23 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 2)
Icom IC-A22 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 3)

-- GPS's --
Garmin GPS III Pilot (Americas) -- $300.00 (I have 1)
Garmin GPSMAP 196 (Americas) -- $MAKE OFFER (Sporty's sells for $999)
Lowrance AirMap 500 -- $325.00 (I have 2)
Lowrance AirMap 1000 -- $500.00 (I have 2)

-- Courses --
Sportys Complete Instrument Course (B2674A in Sportys Catalog) --
$MAKE OFFER

Thanks for Looking
George

Cecil E. Chapman
January 11th 04, 05:48 PM
? Are they listed on ebay?

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"George" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi
> Here's an update to my last posting of items I have forsale from the
> "going out of business" sale of a local FBO.
>
> Also I've added a few extra item which I just picked up from them,
> again all items are NEW in the box with original manufacture
> warranty/registration cards. All prices INCLUDE shipping to US
> addresses.
>
> -- Headsets --
> David Clark H10-60 Coiled Cable -- $245.00 (I have 2)
> David Clark H10-13.4 -- $225.00 (I have 4)
> Telex Stratus 50-D ANR -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 2)
>
> -- HandHeld Radios --
> Sporty's SP200 Nav/Com -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 4)
> Sporty's AirScanner SP-125 -- $100.00 (I have 3)
> Icom IC-A23 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 2)
> Icom IC-A22 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 3)
>
> -- GPS's --
> Garmin GPS III Pilot (Americas) -- $300.00 (I have 1)
> Garmin GPSMAP 196 (Americas) -- $MAKE OFFER (Sporty's sells for $999)
> Lowrance AirMap 500 -- $325.00 (I have 2)
> Lowrance AirMap 1000 -- $500.00 (I have 2)
>

> -- Courses --
> Sportys Complete Instrument Course (B2674A in Sportys Catalog) --
> $MAKE OFFER
>

> Thanks for Looking
> George

Brad Z
January 11th 04, 11:53 PM
Cecil... do you work for eBay?

"Cecil E. Chapman" > wrote in message
m...
> ? Are they listed on ebay?
>
> --
> --
> =-----
> Good Flights!
>
> Cecil
> PP-ASEL
>
> Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text
at:
> www.bayareapilot.com
>
> "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things."
> - Antoine de Saint-Exupery -
>
> "We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
> this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
> - Cecil Day Lewis -
> "George" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi
> > Here's an update to my last posting of items I have forsale from the
> > "going out of business" sale of a local FBO.
> >
> > Also I've added a few extra item which I just picked up from them,
> > again all items are NEW in the box with original manufacture
> > warranty/registration cards. All prices INCLUDE shipping to US
> > addresses.
> >
> > -- Headsets --
> > David Clark H10-60 Coiled Cable -- $245.00 (I have 2)
> > David Clark H10-13.4 -- $225.00 (I have 4)
> > Telex Stratus 50-D ANR -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 2)
> >
> > -- HandHeld Radios --
> > Sporty's SP200 Nav/Com -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 4)
> > Sporty's AirScanner SP-125 -- $100.00 (I have 3)
> > Icom IC-A23 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 2)
> > Icom IC-A22 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 3)
> >
> > -- GPS's --
> > Garmin GPS III Pilot (Americas) -- $300.00 (I have 1)
> > Garmin GPSMAP 196 (Americas) -- $MAKE OFFER (Sporty's sells for $999)
> > Lowrance AirMap 500 -- $325.00 (I have 2)
> > Lowrance AirMap 1000 -- $500.00 (I have 2)
> >

> > -- Courses --
> > Sportys Complete Instrument Course (B2674A in Sportys Catalog) --
> > $MAKE OFFER
> >

> > Thanks for Looking
> > George

Cecil E. Chapman
January 12th 04, 11:30 AM
:-)

No, it is just that's where I usually expect to find such stuff.

=-----

"Brad Z" > wrote in message
> Cecil... do you work for eBay?
>
> "Cecil E. Chapman" > wrote in message
> m...
> > ? Are they listed on ebay?
> >
> > --
> > --
> > =-----
> > Good Flights!
> >
> > Cecil
> > PP-ASEL
> >
> > Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text
> at:
> > www.bayareapilot.com
> >
> > "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things."
> > - Antoine de Saint-Exupery -
> >
> > "We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
> > this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
> > - Cecil Day Lewis -
> > "George" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Hi
> > > Here's an update to my last posting of items I have forsale from the
> > > "going out of business" sale of a local FBO.
> > >
> > > Also I've added a few extra item which I just picked up from them,
> > > again all items are NEW in the box with original manufacture
> > > warranty/registration cards. All prices INCLUDE shipping to US
> > > addresses.
> > >
> > > -- Headsets --
> > > David Clark H10-60 Coiled Cable -- $245.00 (I have 2)
> > > David Clark H10-13.4 -- $225.00 (I have 4)
> > > Telex Stratus 50-D ANR -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 2)
> > >
> > > -- HandHeld Radios --
> > > Sporty's SP200 Nav/Com -- $MAKE OFFER (I have 4)
> > > Sporty's AirScanner SP-125 -- $100.00 (I have 3)
> > > Icom IC-A23 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 2)
> > > Icom IC-A22 Nav/Com -- $275.00 (I have 3)
> > >
> > > -- GPS's --
> > > Garmin GPS III Pilot (Americas) -- $300.00 (I have 1)
> > > Garmin GPSMAP 196 (Americas) -- $MAKE OFFER (Sporty's sells for $999)
> > > Lowrance AirMap 500 -- $325.00 (I have 2)
> > > Lowrance AirMap 1000 -- $500.00 (I have 2)
> > >

> > > -- Courses --
> > > Sportys Complete Instrument Course (B2674A in Sportys Catalog) --
> > > $MAKE OFFER
> > >

> > > Thanks for Looking
> > > George

George
January 13th 04, 01:49 PM
"Cecil E. Chapman" > wrote in message >...
> :-)
>
> No, it is just that's where I usually expect to find such stuff.

They are not listed on eBay because I'm not paying the high fees eBay
charges. Not only would I have to pay to list but I would have to pay
an average of 3% in commissions. Plus to accept PayPal I would loose
another 3% in PayPal fees. With all that I have to sell I would be
paying almost $400 in nothing but fees.

George

Ron Natalie
January 13th 04, 04:04 PM
"George" > wrote in message om...
> "Cecil E. Chapman" > wrote in message >...
> > :-)
> >
> > No, it is just that's where I usually expect to find such stuff.
>

> They are not listed on eBay because I'm not paying the high fees eBay
> charges. Not only would I have to pay to list but I would have to pay
> an average of 3% in commissions. Plus to accept PayPal I would loose
> another 3% in PayPal fees. With all that I have to sell I would be
> paying almost $400 in nothing but fees.

That's the price you have to pay to get the exposure of eBay and I
always feel safer buying stuff from essentially anonymous people with
a credit card (through PayPal if need be).

Dealing with someone named "George" through a throw-away email
account who advertises his wares by spamming newsgroups makes me
feel real confident.

GeorgeF
January 13th 04, 05:14 PM

> That's the price you have to pay to get the exposure of eBay and I
> always feel safer buying stuff from essentially anonymous people with
> a credit card (through PayPal if need be).
>
> Dealing with someone named "George" through a throw-away email
> account who advertises his wares by spamming newsgroups makes me
> feel real confident.

We'll I've posted here before and many of you know me (oh, my name is
George also). I just got a couple headsets and the Sporty's navcom. I
paid extra for next day shipping and he delivered.....

Buy anyway, that's not why I'm posting. I'm posting because of the
comment about 'throw-away' email addresses. I whiched long ago I used
nothing but 'throw-away' email addresses when posting on newsgroups.
Because I don't I'm now stuck reciving over 2000 SPAMS per day. I've
had the same email address for 7 years now and everyone knows me by it
so its hard to change.....

Oh, ya, selling something in a newsgroups which is related to the time
being sold isn't spam....only an Anil retentive person would call it spam.

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Ron Natalie
January 13th 04, 05:20 PM
"GeorgeF" > wrote in message

> Oh, ya, selling something in a newsgroups which is related to the time
> being sold isn't spam....only an Anil retentive person would call it spam.

Yes it is, and I'm anal retentive enough to know how to spell it.

Speaking of URANUS
January 13th 04, 05:55 PM
> Ron Natalie > wrote:

> Yes it is, and I'm anal retentive enough to know how to spell it.

Then how come YOU are not going after YOUR good friend
Jay Honeck for spamming all the aviation newsgroups with messages
promoting his hotel......????

How come YOU never went after Michael Cotes for spamming all those
aviation newsgroups with adverts for his Microair radios that he no
longer represents.......?????

Ron YOU should check YOUR own Anus before commenting on others.

Newps
January 14th 04, 03:47 AM
Ron Natalie wrote:

> That's the price you have to pay to get the exposure of eBay and I
> always feel safer buying stuff from essentially anonymous people with
> a credit card (through PayPal if need be).

When you pay thru Pay Pal you are not protected. Pay Pal is a third
party. Since you didn't pay the seller directly your credit card
company is not obligated to fight on your behalf if you get screwed.

Kyler Laird
January 14th 04, 05:12 AM
Newps > writes:

>Ron Natalie wrote:

>> That's the price you have to pay to get the exposure of eBay and I
>> always feel safer buying stuff from essentially anonymous people with
>> a credit card (through PayPal if need be).

>When you pay thru Pay Pal you are not protected. Pay Pal is a third
>party. Since you didn't pay the seller directly your credit card
>company is not obligated to fight on your behalf if you get screwed.

Is everyone aware of PayPal horror stories?

http://paypalsucks.com/

Note especially:
1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service)
in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer
protection laws, and that you may not issue a chargeback for
anything you purchase using your credit card and PayPal
account that you are unsatisfied with.

I don't appreciate eBay behaviors either. I think it's good that some
people avoid them.

--kyler

Morgans
January 14th 04, 08:05 AM
"Ron Natalie" > wrote

> That's the price you have to pay to get the exposure of eBay and I
> always feel safer buying stuff from essentially anonymous people with
> a credit card (through PayPal if need be).
>
> Dealing with someone named "George" through a throw-away email
> account who advertises his wares by spamming newsgroups makes me
> feel real confident.

I know what the worry is, but google for pay pal complaints. The control
pay pal has over you is more than I would want to have over my money, uncle
sam included.
--
Jim in NC

Ron Natalie
January 14th 04, 03:50 PM
"Kyler Laird" > wrote in message ...

> Is everyone aware of PayPal horror stories?'

Yes, but it's mostly sellers who gripe.

> 1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service)
> in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer
> protection laws, and that you may not issue a chargeback for
> anything you purchase using your credit card and PayPal
> account that you are unsatisfied with.

Not true in practice. Especially not for nondelivery. You file your
paypal complaint. For non-delivery they do pretty good about sucking
the funds back from the seller if they are there. If not, you then file
for chargeback from your credit card. Paypal reserves the right to
cancel your account for that, but in practice they don't.

Ron Natalie
January 14th 04, 03:51 PM
"Morgans" > wrote in message ...

> "Ron Natalie" > wrote
>
> > That's the price you have to pay to get the exposure of eBay and I
> > always feel safer buying stuff from essentially anonymous people with
> > a credit card (through PayPal if need be).
> >
> > Dealing with someone named "George" through a throw-away email
> > account who advertises his wares by spamming newsgroups makes me
> > feel real confident.
>
> I know what the worry is, but google for pay pal complaints. The control
> pay pal has over you is more than I would want to have over my money, uncle
> sam included.

My money is safer with paypal than sending checks or money orders to someone
who's hiding behind a yahoo account.

January 14th 04, 08:13 PM
Note that Ebay owns Paypal.

I personally have used both many times, and have never had a problem.
BUT my sister lost $300 on a digital camera that was on EBay and paid
for with PayPal, so I guess I've just been lucky.

The A23 Icom radio that the original poster listed was intriguing to me,
but it reminds me that it's pretty hard to protect yourself 100% on a
mail-order deal with an individual or even companies.

Dave Blevins

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:12:07 GMT, Kyler Laird >
wrote:

>Newps > writes:
>
>>Ron Natalie wrote:
>
>>> That's the price you have to pay to get the exposure of eBay and I
>>> always feel safer buying stuff from essentially anonymous people with
>>> a credit card (through PayPal if need be).
>
>>When you pay thru Pay Pal you are not protected. Pay Pal is a third
>>party. Since you didn't pay the seller directly your credit card
>>company is not obligated to fight on your behalf if you get screwed.
>
>Is everyone aware of PayPal horror stories?
>
> http://paypalsucks.com/
>
>Note especially:
> 1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service)
> in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer
> protection laws, and that you may not issue a chargeback for
> anything you purchase using your credit card and PayPal
> account that you are unsatisfied with.
>
>I don't appreciate eBay behaviors either. I think it's good that some
>people avoid them.
>
>--kyler

Ron Natalie
January 14th 04, 09:06 PM
> wrote in message ...

> The A23 Icom radio that the original poster listed was intriguing to me,
> but it reminds me that it's pretty hard to protect yourself 100% on a
> mail-order deal with an individual or even companies.

Credit cards are usually a pretty safe bet. I have had a number of mischarges
and other protests on credit cards in the past 25 years and all of them have been
resolved to my satisfaction.

GeorgeF
January 15th 04, 04:21 AM
Ron Natalie wrote:
> "Kyler Laird" > wrote in message ...

> Not true in practice. Especially not for nondelivery. You file your
> paypal complaint. For non-delivery they do pretty good about sucking
> the funds back from the seller if they are there. If not, you then file
> for chargeback from your credit card. Paypal reserves the right to
> cancel your account for that, but in practice they don't.

I have two friends who used PayPal, didn't get their order and didn't
get a refund from PayPal so the charged back their cards. Both friends
had their PayPal accounts terminated due to the charge back. So yes it
works, but will only work one time.....

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

hlongworth
January 17th 04, 08:04 PM
GeorgeF > wrote in message m>...

> We'll I've posted here before and many of you know me (oh, my name is
> George also). I just got a couple headsets and the Sporty's navcom. I
> paid extra for next day shipping and he delivered.....
>
> George
> http://www.MilAirComms.com

GeorgeF,
Based on your 'feedback' regarding purchase from the other George.
I wrote an inquiry to George (rcpilotgeorge) and got a reply asking me
to send money order/check to George Fetter in Daytonna Beach, FL.
I went to your website (MilAircomms), clicked on several links and
found the contact address

http://www.licensed4fun.com/contactus.htm

and found the same name also at the same location.

I did a bit of google search on the name and came up with a couple
more websites/pages

http://home.flash.net/~av8tor/webeng/contact.htm

http://www.licensed4fun.com/ebay/

Hmmm.....

Paul Tomblin
January 17th 04, 08:57 PM
In a previous article, (hlongworth) said:
>GeorgeF > wrote in message
m>...
>> We'll I've posted here before and many of you know me (oh, my name is
>> George also). I just got a couple headsets and the Sporty's navcom. I
>> paid extra for next day shipping and he delivered.....
>>
>> George
>> http://www.MilAirComms.com
>
> GeorgeF,
> Based on your 'feedback' regarding purchase from the other George.
>I wrote an inquiry to George (rcpilotgeorge) and got a reply asking me to
>send money order/check to George Fetter in Daytonna Beach, FL. I went to
>your website (MilAircomms), clicked on several links and found the
>contact address
>
>http://www.licensed4fun.com/contactus.htm

So what you're saying is that and rcpilotgeorge
are the same person? And therefore that this person is perpetrating a
fraud by pretending to be a satified customer when he's really the seller?
Despicable.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
With so many "textbook cases" of single points of failure, you'd think

Jeremy Lew
January 19th 04, 08:24 PM
I contacted this guy and tried to work out a deal. After agreeing to part
with two headsets for more than 50% off, he refused to use PayPal or any
online escrow service (on my dime), insisting on a check (which would need
to clear before shipping) or money order. His email display name is "Joe
Turner" for some although he signs his messages as "George". Needless to
say, he's not getting my money.

Jeremy

"Paul Tomblin" > wrote in message
> In a previous article, (hlongworth) said:
> >GeorgeF > wrote in message
> m>...
> >> We'll I've posted here before and many of you know me (oh, my name is
> >> George also). I just got a couple headsets and the Sporty's navcom. I
> >> paid extra for next day shipping and he delivered.....
> >>
> >> George
> >> http://www.MilAirComms.com
> >
> > GeorgeF,
> > Based on your 'feedback' regarding purchase from the other George.
> >I wrote an inquiry to George (rcpilotgeorge) and got a reply asking me to
> >send money order/check to George Fetter in Daytonna Beach, FL. I went to
> >your website (MilAircomms), clicked on several links and found the
> >contact address
> >
> >http://www.licensed4fun.com/contactus.htm
>
> So what you're saying is that and rcpilotgeorge
> are the same person? And therefore that this person is perpetrating a
> fraud by pretending to be a satified customer when he's really the seller?
> Despicable.
>
> --
> Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
> With so many "textbook cases" of single points of failure, you'd think
> that we'd stop building systems to demonstrate the concept.
> -- Matt Curtin

BigNick73
January 19th 04, 09:51 PM
I noticed the same thing I also asked for a ebay ID or storefront so i could
check his feedback and kept getting some excuse about ebays fee's. and not
wanting to take paypal for a Garmin 196 GPS and a Icom A23 NAV/COM. of
course both of those for $750 is suspicious to begin with. and another funny
thing is the one guy that claims he ordered and it was deliverd has the same
name and the one on the address to send the M.O. to.

"Jeremy Lew" > wrote in message
> I contacted this guy and tried to work out a deal. After agreeing to part
> with two headsets for more than 50% off, he refused to use PayPal or any
> online escrow service (on my dime), insisting on a check (which would need
> to clear before shipping) or money order. His email display name is "Joe
> Turner" for some although he signs his messages as "George". Needless to
> say, he's not getting my money.
>
> Jeremy
>
> "Paul Tomblin" > wrote in message
> > In a previous article, (hlongworth) said:
> > >GeorgeF > wrote in message
> > m>...

> > > GeorgeF,
> > > Based on your 'feedback' regarding purchase from the other George.
> > >I wrote an inquiry to George (rcpilotgeorge) and got a reply asking me
> > >send money order/check to George Fetter in Daytonna Beach, FL. I went
> > >your website (MilAircomms), clicked on several links and found the
> > >contact address
> > >
> > >http://www.licensed4fun.com/contactus.htm
> >
> > So what you're saying is that and rcpilotgeorge
> > are the same person? And therefore that this person is perpetrating a
> > fraud by pretending to be a satified customer when he's really the
seller?
> > Despicable.
> >
> > --
> > Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
> > With so many "textbook cases" of single points of failure, you'd think
> > that we'd stop building systems to demonstrate the concept.
> > -- Matt Curtin

BigNick73
January 19th 04, 11:33 PM
haha he offered it to me for $500

"Gene Kearns" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:51:20 -0600, "BigNick73"
> > wrote:
>
> >I noticed the same thing I also asked for a ebay ID or storefront so i
could
> >check his feedback and kept getting some excuse about ebays fee's. and
not
> >wanting to take paypal for a Garmin 196 GPS and a Icom A23 NAV/COM. of
> >course both of those for $750 is suspicious to begin with. and another
funny
> >thing is the one guy that claims he ordered and it was deliverd has the
same
> >name and the one on the address to send the M.O. to.
> >
> >"Jeremy Lew" > wrote in message
>
> Hey, wait a minute, you big lummox... That Garmin 196 was mine, I
> offered $650 hard earned American. According to 'Ole Joe, uh, George,
> uh, whatever, I offered the most of anybody!
>
> He was hot after me until I advised that I had a brother-in-law in the
> same town that would be glad to pay for and pick up the GPS, if I just
> knew the address...... Hello?......... Hello?.............
>
> Email is strangely silent.......

JJS
January 20th 04, 01:35 AM
I thought it strange that he took my first offer on a headset and GPS.
I e-mailed him back and made another more ridiculous offer on another
item. He took it the first time again. By now I was getting
suspicious, so I told him I had a friend interested in one of his
items but I wanted a phone number to ask questions and get more
information. When he balked, made an excuse about being on the road
and wanted my friends number instead, I called it quits!

Joe Schneider
8437R

. ..

said:
> [...]
message
> > > m>...

George.
I went

> > > So what you're saying is that and
rcpilotgeorge
> > > are the same person? And therefore that this person is
perpetrating a
> > > fraud by pretending to be a satified customer when he's really
the
> seller?
> > > Despicable.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
> > > With so many "textbook cases" of single points of failure, you'd
think
> > > that we'd stop building systems to demonstrate the concept.
> > > -- Matt Curtin

Google