PDA

View Full Version : Naviter's Customer Support - FANTASTIC

JohnDeRosa
September 21st 12, 04:25 PM
Generally speaking the customer support from all of the soaring equipment vendors and sellers (that I have dealt with) has been very good. But Naviter's customer support has been so good I am motivated to tell others.

- Recently my Oudie needed repair. Fearful that this will mean sending the unit back to Slovenia, Naviter exchanged my Oudie here in the US (via Cumulus Soaring) and I had only a few days of downtime.

- I spotted two medium sized issues (no show stoppers) communicating with a Cambridge 302 having to do with IGC file downloading. Even though these were minor issues with easy work arounds, in both cases I was provided a patch (DLL) to fix the issues within 24 hours (of my providing the details by sending them the log files).

- Recently the brighter Oudie 2 was announced and Naviter has a clear upgrade model to bring Oudie I's up to speed. Not that I think that the Oudie 1 was all that dim, it sure beat my old PDAs by a long shot!

So not only do I like flying with SeeYou Mobile, and enjoy the Oudie's size and brightness, Naviter has bent over backwards to support their product. I also spend time on the Naviter support forum (http://forum.naviter.com) and I often find Andrej Kolar quickly responding directly to issues - this isn't like most other forums where users are only talking to each other.

So, I highly recommend Naviter to all.

Thanks, John

September 21st 12, 06:22 PM
+1 for Naviter. In switching from Glide Navigator II several years ago I had many questions and Andrej really went the extra distance. All flight computer software requires a bit of a learning curve but SeeYou Mobile has proven to be very helpful in the cockpit. The guys in charge have hands on by flying experience plus make the investment to travel to major contests and soaring events. The result is very active support and update cycles for the software which has been a plus for glider pilots around the world.

John Seaborn - A8

Mike Mike Ground
September 29th 12, 04:20 AM
On Friday, September 21, 2012 8:25:46 AM UTC-7, JohnDeRosa wrote:
> Generally speaking the customer support from all of the soaring equipment vendors and sellers (that I have dealt with) has been very good. But Naviter's customer support has been so good I am motivated to tell others.
>
>
>
> - Recently my Oudie needed repair. Fearful that this will mean sending the unit back to Slovenia, Naviter exchanged my Oudie here in the US (via Cumulus Soaring) and I had only a few days of downtime.
>
>
>
> - I spotted two medium sized issues (no show stoppers) communicating with a Cambridge 302 having to do with IGC file downloading. Even though these were minor issues with easy work arounds, in both cases I was provided a patch (DLL) to fix the issues within 24 hours (of my providing the details by sending them the log files).
>
>
>
> - Recently the brighter Oudie 2 was announced and Naviter has a clear upgrade model to bring Oudie I's up to speed. Not that I think that the Oudie 1 was all that dim, it sure beat my old PDAs by a long shot!
>
>
>
> So not only do I like flying with SeeYou Mobile, and enjoy the Oudie's size and brightness, Naviter has bent over backwards to support their product.. I also spend time on the Naviter support forum (http://forum.naviter.com) and I often find Andrej Kolar quickly responding directly to issues - this isn't like most other forums where users are only talking to each other.
>
>
>
> So, I highly recommend Naviter to all.
>
>
>
> Thanks, John

I also have received exceptional customer support via their distributor Craggy Aero who exchanged my Oudie1 for Oudie2 without me even losing a single day this summer…thanks, Richard. However, I also have an intermittant 302/IGC file downloading problem that I have not been able to resolve via Naviter’s forum. Andrej requested my IGC files which I sent him in July, but so far no response. Since installing the Oudie at the beginning of this season, more than half (11 out of 19) IGC files downloaded from the 302 via the Oudie have been rejected by OLC. Of course, when rejected, I was still able to get OLC credit by using the Oudie IGC file. However, I would like to resolve the 302 downloading problem since Oudie IGC files are not valid for higher level flights such as badge and records. I don’t think the problem is with the 302. For 4 years prior to installing the Oudie, I downloaded via Glider Navigator II and downloaded via the PDA (Aero 1520) and never had a single IGC file rejected by OLC. Also, the 302 was sent back to the factory a little over a year ago for a new battery and security seal.

I’d be interested in hearing from John DeRosa about the 302/downloading problem and what the workarounds that were mentioned are.

I really like the Oudie for all the reasons already described. However, for me, it’s greatest advantage is the triangle assist. I think SYM is the only one offering it so far.

Michael Mitton – MM

Google