PDA

View Full Version : Microaire Support in US?

JohnDeRosa
September 21st 12, 04:40 PM
I have been told that I can no longer have my Microair repaired here in the US. I have done so previously by Erie Aviation (http://www.erieaviation.com/) and got great support. I was told that I have to send the unit back to Australia. This came from someone who needed repair and was told by Microair that it MUST be sent back to Australia. In this particular case I suspected that this was a common issue with the internal pico-fuse blowing due to reversing power to the unit - and I was right - which is a hell of a simple problem to have to send the unit all the way back to Oz for repair - and is a flawed design by my thinking.

Anyway, I called Erie Aviation. I got to "press 5 for Microair" which went to "I don't understand that request" which didn't bode well. I got through to a nice lady at Erie and was told that "Erie's service tech that repaired Microair devices has left the company." Ahhhh. Sad news. Erie went on to say that Microair is attempting to find a service station in the US.

Anyone hear other news?

- John

Bart[_4_]
September 21st 12, 07:51 PM
On Sep 21, 8:40*am, JohnDeRosa > wrote:
> I have been told that I can no longer have my Microair repaired here in the US. *I have done so previously by Erie Aviation (http://www.erieaviation.com/) and got great support. *I was told that I have to send the unit back to Australia. *This came from someone who needed repair and was told by Microair that it MUST be sent back to Australia. *In this particular case I suspected that this was a common issue with the internal pico-fuse blowing due to reversing power to the unit - and I was right - which is a hell of a simple problem to have to send the unit all the way back to Oz for repair - and is a flawed design by my thinking.

Was the fuse blown in that someone's unit, your unit, or both? The
fuse is available at both Digikey and Mouser, is cheap and fairly easy
to replace. To keep it legal, one would probably need a GROL.

Sadly, I do not know anything regarding availability of authorized
Microair repair stations in the US.

Bart

Tim Mara
September 21st 12, 10:19 PM
Erie aviation has dropped out of the avionic repair business.
We're working on getting a new support service set up now to handle Microair
repairs and warranty
but don't have this finalized yet, not sure how soon but hopeful that in the
next 30 days we might have this arranged and up and running.
stand by, once we have this I'll make a notice on my website of the new
facility.
Until then there are several avionics shops that do already work on Microair
avionics in the USA, just none that I have personally been involved with
like Erie Aviation.
regards
Tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"JohnDeRosa" > wrote in message
[...]

September 27th 12, 03:26 AM
I was informed by Microair that the following is their authorized repair station in the US.

Aerotronics
Phone: 406 259 5006
E-mail:
Address: 1651 Aviation Place Billings
Logan International Airport
Billings, Montana 59105
http://aerotronics.com

Phil Gaisford
September 28th 12, 10:21 PM
Aerotronics fixed a Microair M760 for me this week. They had it repaired and on it's way back to me within 24 hours of receipt.

JohnDeRosa
September 30th 12, 03:05 AM
I contacted Microair and was told (as mentioned above) that repair can be done by;

Aerotronics
1651 Aviation Place Billings
Logan International Airport
Billings, Montana 59105