PDA

View Full Version : Response to CBS News

Bob
January 16th 04, 02:50 AM
Dear CBS:

I don't know who was responsible for yesterday's "Eye on America," but
if their collective brains were gasoline, they couldn't power a
****ant's motorcycle around the inside of a Cheerio.

In addition to several blatantly wrong "facts" in your story, which
I'm sure you've heard about by now, there are many reasons that light
planes are not good platforms for terrorist attacks.

For example, you can't carry nearly as much explosive in a small plane
as you can in an SUV, and planes are much less convenient to use for
explosive delivery. There are several reasons for this:

1. More people can drive a car than can fly a light plane. I would
guess this applies to suicidal maniacs too.

2. It's easier to buy, borrow, rent, or steal a car than it is a light
plane.

3. You can park a car and blow it up on a timer. With an airplane
loaded with explosives, timing is a major problem. Modern high
explosives won't explode just from a plane crash. You would have to
set them off a split second before the plane crashed, or have some
kind of detonator that senses a crash and then sets off the explosive.

4. There's not enough fuel in a light plane to work like the airliners
did at the World Trade Towers or the Pentagon.

5. Airplanes are visible on radar. Cars aren't.

I could keep going. The fact is, a car or truck bomb is a lot easier
and more effective for a terrorist than a light plane. Maybe that's
why terrorists use car and truck bombs and rarely, if ever, have used
a light plane successfully.

To summarize, you guys really suck.

Love,

Bob

brucrx
January 16th 04, 04:55 AM
I sent my letter (minutes after watching program), but like yours better
"Bob" > wrote in message
om...
> Dear CBS:
>
> I don't know who was responsible for yesterday's "Eye on America," but
> if their collective brains were gasoline, they couldn't power a
> ****ant's motorcycle around the inside of a Cheerio.
>
> In addition to several blatantly wrong "facts" in your story, which
> I'm sure you've heard about by now, there are many reasons that light
> planes are not good platforms for terrorist attacks.
>
> For example, you can't carry nearly as much explosive in a small plane
> as you can in an SUV, and planes are much less convenient to use for
> explosive delivery. There are several reasons for this:
>
> 1. More people can drive a car than can fly a light plane. I would
> guess this applies to suicidal maniacs too.
>
> 2. It's easier to buy, borrow, rent, or steal a car than it is a light
> plane.
>
> 3. You can park a car and blow it up on a timer. With an airplane
> loaded with explosives, timing is a major problem. Modern high
> explosives won't explode just from a plane crash. You would have to
> set them off a split second before the plane crashed, or have some
> kind of detonator that senses a crash and then sets off the explosive.
>
> 4. There's not enough fuel in a light plane to work like the airliners
> did at the World Trade Towers or the Pentagon.
>
> 5. Airplanes are visible on radar. Cars aren't.
>
> I could keep going. The fact is, a car or truck bomb is a lot easier
> and more effective for a terrorist than a light plane. Maybe that's
> why terrorists use car and truck bombs and rarely, if ever, have used
> a light plane successfully.
>
> To summarize, you guys really suck.
>
> Love,
>
> Bob

Geoffrey Barnes
January 16th 04, 05:19 AM
> To summarize, you guys really suck.

Best summary I've seen to date! ROFL!

Casey Wilson
January 16th 04, 03:43 PM
FYI -- Andrew Hayward is the president of CBS News, his email address is

Harry Gordon
January 16th 04, 05:26 PM
Casey, I tried sending an e-mail to Mr. Hayward using the link you provided
and my e-mail came back as undeliverable - "The recipient name is not
recognized" was the message.

Harry

"Casey Wilson" > wrote in message
> FYI -- Andrew Hayward is the president of CBS News, his email address is

Orval Fairbairn
January 16th 04, 07:24 PM
In article
"Harry Gordon" > wrote:

> Casey, I tried sending an e-mail to Mr. Hayward using the link you provided
> and my e-mail came back as undeliverable - "The recipient name is not
> recognized" was the message.
>
> Harry
>
> "Casey Wilson" > wrote in message
> > FYI -- Andrew Hayward is the president of CBS News, his email address is

It sounds as if his mailbox "overfloweth." AWWWWW! What a bunch of
sleaze buckets CBS News in proving to ne!

Harry Gordon
January 16th 04, 11:36 PM
I'm suspecting they changed his e-mail address :-).

Harry

"Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
.
> In article
> >,
> "Harry Gordon" > wrote:
>
> > Casey, I tried sending an e-mail to Mr. Hayward using the link you
provided
> > and my e-mail came back as undeliverable - "The recipient name is not
> > recognized" was the message.
> >
> > Harry
> >
> > "Casey Wilson" > wrote in message
> > > FYI -- Andrew Hayward is the president of CBS News, his email address
is

> It sounds as if his mailbox "overfloweth." AWWWWW! What a bunch of
> sleaze buckets CBS News in proving to ne!

StellaStar
January 17th 04, 05:41 AM
>I don't know who was responsible for yesterday's "Eye on America,"

If you wanted credibility you should have known who did it. He gave his name at
the beginning and end of the report and it was shown on the screen, too.

If you want OTHER people to get their facts right...

Jay Beckman
January 17th 04, 06:07 AM
"StellaStar" > wrote in message
> >I don't know who was responsible for yesterday's "Eye on America,"
>
> If you wanted credibility you should have known who did it. He gave his
name at
> the beginning and end of the report and it was shown on the screen, too.
>
> If you want OTHER people to get their facts right...

Actually, his producer (in concert with the editor) have as much impact, if
not more so, on a story than the actual on-camera reporter.

FWIW...

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
Freelance TV Production Technician
Lurker on r.a.p.

Bob
January 17th 04, 09:31 PM
My facts are correct. I don't know who's responsible; I don't remember
who was on the credits, and I suspect they are not the ones
responsible anyway.

Love,

Bob

(StellaStar) wrote in message >...
> >I don't know who was responsible for yesterday's "Eye on America,"
>
> If you wanted credibility you should have known who did it. He gave his name at
> the beginning and end of the report and it was shown on the screen, too.
>
> If you want OTHER people to get their facts right...

Google