PDA

View Full Version : Best Polyurethane Paint for Homebuilt

jls
February 6th 04, 09:52 PM
We used Ditzler. What do *you* use? I noticed Joe Schumacher and Mark
Annick used a NAPA polyurethane paint (Martin Senour?) on the RV-8 they
erected and floo on teevy.

Thanks and eternal gratefulness.

And best regards.

LarrygettingreadytopaintS.

Ron
February 7th 04, 05:03 PM
The DuPont Imron is popular. Be sure you have a breathing apparatus or
make arrangements for your demise.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:52:21 -0500, " jls" >
wrote:

>We used Ditzler. What do *you* use? I noticed Joe Schumacher and Mark
>Annick used a NAPA polyurethane paint (Martin Senour?) on the RV-8 they
>erected and floo on teevy.
>
>Thanks and eternal gratefulness.
>
>And best regards.
>
>LarrygettingreadytopaintS.

Paul Lee
February 8th 04, 01:25 AM
I just finished painting mine. Had a local body man (a pilot) spray "PPG
Concept DCC Acrylic Urethane" on it. A bit pricey stuff ($300/gal) but
it took only about 1.3 gallons to spray the whole plane with two coats.
That kept the weight down. It really shines like a mirror.

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard project: http://www.abri.com/sq2000

" jls" > wrote in message >...
> We used Ditzler. What do *you* use? I noticed Joe Schumacher and Mark
> Annick used a NAPA polyurethane paint (Martin Senour?) on the RV-8 they
> erected and floo on teevy.
>
> Thanks and eternal gratefulness.
>
> And best regards.
>
> LarrygettingreadytopaintS.